How Early to Arrive at Galveston-Conquest

Astrosmom

This question has probably been asked 10,000x, but what time is good to arrive at the terminal in Galveston to park, unload, etc.? We live less than 2 hours from Galveston and don't want to waste a bunch of time standing around waiting to board. We are going to drive and park our car for the week. We all have passports, does that make boarding easier, or doesn't make a difference? Haven't cruised in 15 years and never with kids (13 and 11). I am sure things have changed a lot! Ya'll are great on this board-almost too much info to absorb!

I arrive around 10:30 or 11 a.m. because I can't wait. I would not get there before 11 to 11:30 if you dont want to wait until they start boarding. If you park at a place like EZCruise you should be at the terminal in 15 minutes or less, if you get there too early, they have a contract with the cruiselines not to ferry you over until boarding starts around 11 or so.

I admit I get there too early and always have to wait. Last two times I had to wait to even get ferried over to the terminal because I was too early.

Btw Im sure you know but if you do EZCruiseparking online before you get there, you save $5.

Thanks for the info. I think I did remember reading about EZcruise parking. Does it fill up fast or is there plenty of parking if we arrive around noon? We just want a safe place to leave our car for a week. Can't find any volunteers to drive us down to Galveston and back:(

I went on the Port of Galveston web site and pre paid for a week of parking for our cruise in May. There is free shuttle service that will transport you to and from the terminal and it is patrolled 24 hrs a day by the Port of Galveston Police Dept. The cost was $ 65.00 and you print a voucher that you take with you. Very easy (I Hope)

EZcruiseparking also has a site and supposedly has folks on their sites 24 hours a day. Never heard of anyone having a break in. Iv used them 3 times. They cost $50 for a 7 day cruise if you prepay, $55 if you wait until your drive into their lot. They have two lots. If you get there past when the first lot fills up, you have to park in the second lot (one street over and down). They shuttle you to the port and pick you up as well. Cant miss their bright orange shirts when you get off your cruise. They had someone waiting when I self disembarked a week ago who said the shuttle would be by within 15 minutes and it was there in 5 minutes. Usually, a shuttle is there waiting.

One guy there waiting for the EZ cruise shuttle was yelling and outranged, said DO YOU KNOW IV BEEN WAITING FOR 15 MINUTES. It usually is faster than that though.

Well...of course there's that thing about being excited, and really being anxious to get on the ship and all...not to mention, "let the food begin," but the fastest we've ever gotten on a ship...was when we got there about 3:00-3:30. Didn't wait in a single line anywhere, (cause there WERE no lines, everyone was already on board), walked straight up, and straight on...took us about 5-10 minutes for the whole process. When we got on the ship, the party was going full-tilt...as opposed to some other times, when we've gotten on early....say 11:00-ish....and we were the only ones on the ship, not to mention, no food, no drinks, nobody!

How long of a walk is it from EZcruise to the terminal?

I always have luggage and wouldnt want to ruin the wheels on that hard cement, the streets are not the best, lots of steps in the Galveston area and up and downs...hard walking with a suitcase, so I take the shuttle.

WE made our own travel arrangements, flew in the day before, hired a shuttle service that was lousy, got to the terminal around 12:30, then we found out that there was some kind of surprise immigration inspection for the staff that has to be done every 90 days on A ship, just our luck! We got thru the security check in and then stood in line for about 2 1/2 hours. Got on just about 3:00, couldn't get into our rooms because they hadn't been cleaned yet due to the immigration thing, so dragged carry on to the Lido deck and enjoyed the drink of the day. IF we had done cruise air, we would have gotten there just about the same time. All I wanted was to get on the darn ship and enjoy lunch, drinks, and party for a little while before muster. That didn't happen due to the problems, and then we didn't even get to stand on the deck during embark because we were all on Deck 4 doing muster! Other than that we had a blast, but guess I won't worry about what time I get on anymore, cos it just ain't in the cards for us!!

TinaJ

We cruised April 1 and got there around 10:30. Spent about an hour in lines getting passports checked, Sign/Sail cards, etc. Made it to the seats and probably wasnt there 10 minutes when they let us go thru the gate. Our room wasnt ready but they let us put our carry ons in there and we ate. Went back after 2 and room ready. Im sure the cruise embarking after ours didnt get on this early as we were still waiting to get off the ship close to 10 if I recall and when we finally got off it was 11:30 or so before we walked outside the terminal as customs was backed up.

OK Everyone, do not arrive at the port at 11am, its very important that You Do Not!

Cause thats what time I'm getting there, and I don't want alot of crowds!:D

Darn.........sorry, but I can't help myself.....I will be there with ya! Maybe we can chat about it then......hehehehehe!!!!! Maybe we can hold everyone else at bay???

Archived