Celebrity Summit - Caribbean - 2/16/08 - Roll Call!

etoile

There appears to be an FOD party every night at 8pm in the Martini Bar! Perhaps they will be better attended than ones I have been to in the past which were often just me and my wife...

Etoile: Pied Piper group has dinner at the late seating, which is also 8 p.m. Odd that the FOD would be at 8 since it is the dinner hour for many.

But, on our two PP trips, the group normally arrives at the Martini bar around 7:30 for a pre-dinner drink. Maybe some of the FODers will arrive early.

Jim...

Thanks for posting the dailies! Reading them has gotten us even more excited for the trip.

It did clarify the dress code question. I thought I remembered there only being one "informal" evening on our last cruise out of Puerto Rico on Celebrity...and the 1st daily confirmed that.

Have a safe trip everyone.

Anthony

Hi Jim and Iain!

Thanks for posting the dailies. Did the person who just returned from the Summit say anything about the ship? P. has read some reviews (on CC I believe) that said the ship isn't in the greatest shape.

I vaguely remember that the first night last year was open seating. BUT...not for the Pied Piper group. I think Derek announced that at the first night cocktail party, but there was still some confusion. I'm sure it will sort itself out.

Jim...do you guys have a fantastic suite this time? I want to talk to you at some point about the upgrading system. I spoke to someone at the Captain's Club the other day and she said there are no upgrades at the CC or suite level.

We are so excited the trip is nearly here we can't stand ourselves. We very, very much need this vacation. If I remember correctly, you are getting to San Juan until the 15th, right? If you happen to get there earlier we'll be at the Caribe Hilton. Give us a call and maybe we can get together for drinks or dinner.

See you soon.

J~

Jackie -

Good hearing from you. I think the thing about the 8:00 FOD is that Late Seating is at 8:30.

The person I spoke to said that she had some gentle wear but was definetly not a rust bucket. She is being maintained but of course she is 7 years old. He pointed out also that there were a lot of the regular complainer that said the food was terrible and then quipped I only gained 10 pounds. We were on a December Millennium cruise - the pre-reviews said she was in terrible condition... the fact was she had some ware and tare but you really had to look closely to see it.

We are arriving at 7:15P on February 15. I will e-mail you and give you my cell number maybe we can hook up. That is of course if the plane arrives on schedule. We will be on West coast time so will be approximately 4:15 body time.

I think we are going to start packing this weekend. I pulled the suite cases out on Monday but have only tossed a couple things in so far.

Jim

I discovered yesterday that I have outgrown all my formal dresses, so today we ran to the store and put something together, whew!

So far, in St. Maarten we are doing the same Aquaboat tour that PP is doing, but we booked it on our own because it is half the price that PP wants. In Aruba we are doing the PP tour. In Bonaire, we haven't booked it yet, but when we get onboard we will book the kayaking trip - they added a bunch more things to do! And in Dominica, we are probably going to do the Wacky Rollers tubing trip, also haven't booked that one yet but will book it when we get on board.

I am desperately trying to finish up some homework!

OK, so my partner and I have also signed up for the 2 Flags in St. Martin. It seems that was a pretty popular choice.

I also ended up going with the Pied Piper ones in Dominica and Grenada.

I just checked the weather and it is supposed to be a low chance of rain on Saturday (of course that can change), but hopefully we will have some good weather before we sail away.

Now I need to go check out those dailies to see what is going on.

And I have to remember to drop off my stuff at the dry cleaners tomorrow.

I can't believe it is already here. :D

Just 4 more days of work.

Meredith,

Thom here (of Thom and Jeff, formerly DC gay bloggers but now living in the SF Bay Area). We won't be on your cruise, doggonit, but we will be taking our first cruise together later this year, on the Coral Princess to Alaska on Sept. 1, just a couple of months after our fifth anniversary. Hopefully some day we'll all be on a cruise together.

Meredith,

Thom here (of Thom and Jeff, formerly DC gay bloggers but now living in the SF Bay Area). We won't be on your cruise, doggonit, but we will be taking our first cruise together later this year, on the Coral Princess to Alaska on Sept. 1, just a couple of months after our fifth anniversary. Hopefully some day we'll all be on a cruise together.

Hi Thom, how wonderful to see you here! You've come to the right place for cruise info, the Cruise Critic boards are fantastic. I'm glad to hear you and Jeff will be trying out a cruise! As you may remember from my blog, I've been to Alaska twice; once with RSVP and once with my wife and my mom. I've never been on Princess but I'm sure you'll love it. It would be great to share a cruise with you sometime, especially since we never met when you still lived out here!

Have you made or found a roll call thread for your trip yet? I'll pop in and say hello there too!

Hi Thom, how wonderful to see you here! You've come to the right place for cruise info, the Cruise Critic boards are fantastic. I'm glad to hear you and Jeff will be trying out a cruise! As you may remember from my blog, I've been to Alaska twice; once with RSVP and once with my wife and my mom. I've never been on Princess but I'm sure you'll love it. It would be great to share a cruise with you sometime, especially since we never met when you still lived out here!

Have you made or found a roll call thread for your trip yet? I'll pop in and say hello there too!

It would be really great to share a cruise with you two as well. I did make a roll call for the cruise, and also introduced myself on the generic roll call for that cruise in the Princess board. So far we're the only "family" but I know that there are bound to be others on-board, even if they don't read or post on CC.

Hope you're having a wonderful time on your current cruise, and happy anniversary!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived