Super 8 IAH

jpennin217

Has anyone used the Super 8 in Humble? It seems pretty inexpensive and has a 24 hour shuttle. If not does anyone know of a fairly inexpensive hotel by IAH that has a airport shuttle, we need it for a Pre and Post cruise in December.

Thanks

I'm not sure I'd trust a Super 8. I would try for the Sheraton IAH or there is a Hilton too that has a free shuttle and free parking.... NOT the best part of town to me. Not real bad either but.... Anyway just me. Debbie

I'm not sure I'd trust a Super 8. I would try for the Sheraton IAH or there is a Hilton too that has a free shuttle and free parking.... NOT the best part of town to me. Not real bad either but.... Anyway just me. Debbie

Great that is the info I am looking for. I have never heen to Houston and I don't want any trouble, that is why we are on vacation.

Thanks

James

James - my travel agent's daughter is flying into Houston from Canada - 3 girls in the group ages 19-28 and she wanted to know a hotel to overnight at the airport as they arriving at like 10pm at night and then they are catching the Carnival transfers to Galveston. At my suggestion she has them at the Sheraton IAH - on the property of IAH with free shuttle so it will be easy - I was worried about 3 girls and safety. It is about $129 a night I think but even if it is just a place to sleep you don't want an unsafe flea invested place... :eek: :o Anyway - I will find out how it all works out this weekend as we are all leaving on the Conquest and I will post back here when we get back what she thought of the hotel... OK??? Debbie

If your flight is not a late flight and you can make it to Galveston I would suggest staying there as it is much nicer - on the Seawall and fun and IAH is 75 miles to Galveston so you will already be by the ship without the 1 1/2 hour drive... There are hotels on the Seawall for $129-150 for nicer ones. Personally I have found the prenight hotel part of the vacation and hate to buy a cheap one to start the vacation with when $40 more will get me a nice resort to hang out and enjoy the start of a vacation... Just me... If you make it to Galveston the Holiday Inn Sunspree is new and on the Seawall and right next to it is the San Luis and the Hilton - both nice... the San Luis is awesome but starts around $150 a night and is a 5 star hotel... Debbie

JPen, I tend to agree with Meka. If you get in early enough, head on to Galveston but reserve now for your hotel because I believe you are cruising during Dickens on the Strand,jpen. Ginag stayed at the San Luis one year and at the Harbour House another.

If you want to stay at IAH, there are numerous hotels that have shuttles and they are all reputable and provide shuttle service. You have plenty of time to shop around so I certainly would do that. Hampton Inn, La Quinta, Comfort Inn, Sleep Inn are all around the Sheraton. Also the Doubletree is very nice (look for a corporate rate for around $79 a night there) If you want more information, e-mail me at josetteatjemenfousdotcom and I will send you the local phone numbers instead of the one eight hundred numbers. I work around there and have most of those local numbers. Yes, Houston can be a little rough but the area around IAH is quite nice and safe. Good luck!

Regards,

Archived