What Drinks Are Free?

CaptainDMW

We are cruising on NCL. Are there fridges in the cabins? What drinks are free. Do they put bottled water in your room? Are there places on board you can fill up your (free):confused: own glasses with water, juice or soda? Thank you.

Iced tea and coffee are available 24/7 for self serve or through room service on all ships (NCL or others).

Soda is an additional charge. You can purchase an unlimited soda card for around $50 for the week I believe. We don't drink soda at home so no need for us to purchase it on the ship.

Juice is generally avalable at the buffet and in the dining rooms during breakfast only. Probably can be obtained through room service 24/7 also.

Some rooms have refrigerators. It depends on the ship and category of cabin. Usually they are stocked as a mini-bar.

Charlie

First off, get the notion of "free" out of your thoughts, you have paid for everything onboard in your cruise fare ;) .

Included beverages are generally water at the table, coffee, tea (hot and iced) milk and juice at breakfast and sometimes in the dining room. There is usually a charge for soft drinks, bottled water and any alcoholic beverages.

Not knowing what ship you are on, it can be difficult to answer specific questions, such as a refrigerator or not.

Sea Hag:

Sounds like the same problem I have at the buffet :D .

I generally purchase the soda card as ginger ale settles my tummy and I like to have that with most of my meals during the day. I find that the ease of flashing the card and not having to sign for each soda is worth whatever it costs.

The other posters have mentioned what is provided at no charge - on most ships there is punch or lemonade near the buffet at no cost.

If I want juice during the day, you will be charged for it. It's only available with breakfast at no charge. We always order room service for breakfast and I order 8 glasses of orange juice and/or cranberry juice and pour it into my own container (a water bottle works well) - keeps me happy for the rest of the day. If you don't have a fridge in your cabin, you can keep it cool in your ice bucket.

I enjoy my soda, especially ginger ale, so bring my own 12 pack in the cans or bottles onboard in my carry-on bag. There's no problem doing that if you like soda. I do the same with bottled water.

Hope this helps! :)

Archived