Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

You must be sailing on the Conquest.

Montego Bay: Sunset Beach
Cayman : Eden Rock (4 minute walk to the right of the tender pier) and swim with stingrays (Captain Marvin)
Cozumel: Paradise Beach

Yes, there are connecting rooms on the Ecstasy. I've got two rooms booked for the June 11, 2007 cruise out of Galveston in a couple of weeks. One room for my husband and me and the other for my three boys. The lady at Carnival assured me that these are connecting rooms on the Empress deck.

[quote name='cowgal8']Yes, there are connecting rooms on the Ecstasy. I've got two rooms booked for the June 11, 2007 cruise out of Galveston in a couple of weeks. One room for my husband and me and the other for my three boys. The lady at Carnival assured me that these are connecting rooms on the Empress deck.[/QUOTE]

Hey we will be there with ya!! It's my DH and me and another couple who are cruise newbies!!! Can you believe it is only 15 days till we leave!!!!

There are no connecting doors on the Ecstasy. Even though it shows them. It is a template diagram for the fantasy class ships, but that is one thing the ship does not have.....:(

Good to know! Thanks!
Christy;)

Cowgirl8 and KCCruzin, could you post back afterwards and let us know the 'ground truth'? I sailed her in December and I was told the info I stated above. It would be great to know if they really do have the connecting rooms!

Thanks!

There sure is a lot of conflicting information on this "Ecstasy Only" thread. The Carnival website, shows that Ecstasy does have some connecting rooms. The same website reflects that the Fantasy does not. Logically, since they are the same class ship, I took it to mean that one had connecting cabins and one did not. But, then I came on this thread and I don't know what to think.

Has anyone actually stayed in one of the Ecstasy cabins that shows connecting doors?

Hey we will be there with ya!! It's my DH and me and another couple who are cruise newbies!!! Can you believe it is only 15 days till we leave!!!!

NO, I can't believe it's only 15 days!! I'm a brand new cruiser (never been on a cruise) and am sitting down with pen and paper today and taking down notes of everything I need to do before the 11th! I will be with my family (husband and 3 boys - 13, 12, and 9). We have been looking forward to this for about 10 months now! I've also talked my parents into going too. They have a balcony room booked so I can't wait to stand on their balcony and look out into the ocean! Can't wait!

Cowgirl8 and KCCruzin, could you post back afterwards and let us know the 'ground truth'? I sailed her in December and I was told the info I stated above. It would be great to know if they really do have the connecting rooms!

Thanks!

I will do!

According to Carnival's website, the Ecstasy was refitted as part of their "Evolution" program.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/Promos/ecstasy/default.aspx

If you click on the "Stateroom, Ocean View" thumbnail picture at the bottom, the caption states "....In addition, 50 connecting staterooms were added ideal for families and groups of friends"

Saherri -- we will be on the same cruise; only 33 days to go. Can't wait. We will be driving to Galveston, so I can't help you with getting to the dock from Houston Hobby.

You take Interstate 45 South. :D

Look for the signs for the Cruise Terminals, boom your there.

Depending on traffic you are looking at 30 min to 1-1/2 hours to get there.

According to Carnival's website, the Ecstasy was refitted as part of their "Evolution" program.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/Promos/ecstasy/default.aspx

If you click on the "Stateroom, Ocean View" thumbnail picture at the bottom, the caption states "....In addition, 50 connecting staterooms were added ideal for families and groups of friends"

Thank you for the link! That should solve the confusion :)

You take Interstate 45 South. :D

Look for the signs for the Cruise Terminals, boom your there.

Depending on traffic you are looking at 30 min to 1-1/2 hours to get there.

I think you turn left on 27th? street if memory serves me. I dont really remember a sign...then go all the way to the port on that street. We turn off to park at EZCruiseparking and have reserved our parking ahead of time so you get the $5 off online. $35 for a 5 daycruise is a bargain to me compared to other ports. We will be paying $12 a day in Port Canaveral.

Don't ya just love Galaveston??

I think you turn left on 27th? street if memory serves me.

The way we get to EZCruise is by taking the first exit towards the terminal, and them turning right on the street. I don't know what number the street is, I just recognize it by location. :o It's almost directly across from the RCI terminal, though, and after turning right on that street, a left on the next street gets you to the parking lot entrance.

Crusinnorman who is going in your party? In our party is myself, husband, and 6 year old son. This is our 5th cruise and really excited. Are you from Norman, Ok? I just thought that from your name. We are from Oklahoma.:p

We will be on board as well - large group from East Texas. Four in my family +10 more more. I have already started packing and making lists of things to take. I learned a lot of "tricks" from my last cruise. Bring your own hair dryer, power strip and suction cup hangers. Don't forget zip lock bags (great for wet clothes) and an extra tote for the items you purchase onboard and in port.

Mona K

I enjoyed looking at your pictures can you tell me where you were in Progreso.

Thanks

Sharon

Sharon,

Thanks...glad you enjoyed reading my review.:D

Progresso-Corona Beach:

We took the free shuttle you board right outside the docking area down the 5 mile pier, which drops you off at the out-door market/shops. This area is pretty large with locals selling their jewelery, T-shirts, etc. I found it a lot fun to bargain with the locals on prices. I was not put off with any of them coming to me trying to ‘make a deal’. However, I have been to Mexico before and this type of ‘selling’ is part of their culture and I found it fun as well as giving me an opportunity to bargain for items I wanted to buy. Just keep in mind….the locals are not trying to be ‘pushy’. This is their livelihood and part of their culture, so just go with the flow and you will have fun and get great deals! We then left the market area and walked a couple of blocks to Corona Beach. Lounge chairs under palapas were located all along the beach area. We were helped and served by a nice local waiter who was there for our every need. He gave us such great service we asked to take his photo. The Margaritas served on this beach are the best I have EVER had in my life. They were equivalent to 3 mix drinks-alcoholic wise. In fact, my DF had brought a can of juice with her and had to put some juice in her drink to ‘water it down’ cause it was so stiff! I ended up doing the same to the last ¼ of my drink also. We ordered a plate, or I really should say a PLATTER, of Guacamole Dip with a basket of Corn Chips and it was wonderful. Fresh avocados with onions and tomatoes tasted fantastic. All in all I only paid for my drink and food: $4.00-drink/tip & $2.00-dip/tip+ $6.00 for the best drink and food I had the entire cruise!

***One warning about Corona Beach: the local folks do approach you CONSTANTLY trying to sell their wares. All you have to do is smile and say “No, gracias” a couple of times and they will move on. Only once did I have to add an “Adiós, Por favor “ to one seller before he walked on. They did not spoil our time on the beach, but for some folks who do not like this type of ‘intrusion’ you might not want to sit directly on the beach but sit inside the bar area. We enjoyed Progresso and enjoyed the lovely and friendly local people. We had a fabulous time at this port of call!

We leave on June 21 and I have been trying to find a hotel. We plan on driving down on the 20th and we don't need anything fancy, just safe and clean and no more than $80. (Is that possible?) Can someone tell me if there is somewhere you would not stay? I have looked at alot of of the hotels and then I am not sure if the 200 block of Seawall is better than the 8000 block of Seawall or vice versa.... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Another question...Are shorts unnaceptable at dinner for my 10 yo son to wear? He has several Claiborne 2 pc short sets that look really cute with sandals but then I thought maybe he has to wear pants also...Just want to check, don't want him to feel like the lone ranger!!

Does anyone that has returned recently have the camp carnival "agenda", not sure what is called? We have 2 10 yo boys going so they will be able to keep each other company. I also have a 5 yo daughter that will be by herself at camp carnival and her age group is 2-5, so I am hoping that the entertainment is not all geared to the 2 yo group and she thinks she is with the "babies"

Thanks in advance for your help,

Sherry

Sherry, I dont believe your son is allowed to wear shorts to dinner, it says no shorts allowed, so Im sure they mean children too.

I had a friend who got a hotel for $79 a night in Galveston, which included keeping his car for the week/free cruise parking, but dont remember which hotel he stayed at.

Sorry, when I drive down I use EZCruise parking and dont stay the night.

I am taking this cruise again, we missed so much. I still don't know where the chocolate buffet was?? Does anyone know? Carnival website said it was on our cruise.

I looked thru my pictures to see if I had mini golf and all I have is shots of rain lol. I rebooked this cruise again in January.

At least no chair hogs on my cruise!!!!

Picture010.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

Hey Sherry,

My sister and I will also be on June 21. I think the mini golf is on the top deck. WE are driving in on the 19th and staying at the BAYMONT INN & SUITES. We used a AAA discount and got a room with 2 queen beds and a balcony for 74.00. You can leave your car their for free, but will need to get a taxi to the pier.Hope this helps

Pam

firefly333....Oh, my son is going to be so upset if he can't wear shorts to dinner as this means a shopping trip for him to find some dress pants, lol!! Luckily we had already decided not to do "formal" night. Does anyone know if they have a basketball court on this ship? Since he tells me he is going to be a pro streetballer maybe this will help with getting him to go shopping!

Pam, I was beginning to think that we were going to have the whole ship to ourselves. I went to the June 21 roll call and I am the only one on there and have not seen anyone else talk about being on that cruise. wll, I now know there will be 8 of us, lol! I will check with Baymont, I don't have AAA but I work at Sam's Club and I know we get some kind of discounts. I think I am going to have to just get on the phone and actually talk to someone to find out what discounts I can get. Thanks for all the input and information.

Sherry

Here's the Carnival FAQ for the dress code:

Is there a dress code for the dining room?

spacer.gif

Depending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room.
The dress requirement for children is the same.
For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

So, looks like a shopping trip is in order. My kids suffer through the dress code because they love the dining room experience.

Basketball...sorry, I don't know.

Mini-golf is on the top deck all the way forward. It's lots of fun!

Have a wonderful trip!

Archived