US Airways/Amer West from Vancouver? Check your flight times!!!

Host Caroline

I check my flight times etc. every month till a month out and then every week... booked return from Vancouver last August... found out today that my one-stop return getting me home at 11:10pm. on disembark day had been changed to a THREE-plane change itin with 18 hour layover in Vegas getting us over 24 hours later! Fortunately was able to change to a "livable" schedule with only one stop. There has been a flight completely cancelled that departed Vancouver around 12:40..

Checking flights periodically is good practice BUT in this case if we had not checked it could have been the 2-day prior "confirmation" of flights that was first hint of this mess.

A word to the wise is sufficent?

Never been to Vegas but with a trial starting on the 18th I need to get home and get some sleep! ... it wouldn't have been any fun dog tired (unfortunately)... when I was a TA I had clients who went thru these sort of things.. guess after 20+ years of traveling/cruisig all over the place I was due:rolleyes:

Holly cow that is crazy.

Do you not get the emailed updates of changes?

Ours has changed too but it is leaving earlier and arriving later with a 4 hour layover:rolleyes: But I guess I can deal atleast we can eat without being rushed since NW is no longer offering food.

Sorry to hear you had such a crappy flight change

I am constantly checking our flights. All too often our flights are dropped that we originally booked and others that we don't like are substituted in. It is getting to be hassle with the all the airlines.

Yep - it happened to us. We had booked Alaska Air from Dallas to Anchorage with a stop in Seattle but no change of plans. About 6 weeks ago I checked the flights and it said to call American (I booked through them). We had also booked in first class. To make a long story short, our flight had been discontinued and moved to an evening flight so they put us on a connection through Seattle that only had 40 minutes between flights. AND they overbooked First Class which is unheard of according to American.

American was very accommodating and changed us to an American flight from DFW to Seattle that gets into Seattle at 9:15 a.m. and then we connect to Alaska Air from Seattle to Anchorage at 10:45 and the booked us in First Class again so it actually worked out better the second time around. I have had these booked from 330 days out since we were using miles. Sheesh, you would have thought Alaska Air would do better. But American came through.

After seing this post I went and checked mine - which I do every few weeks anyway. They not only changed my departure time - 15 minutes later - but changed the entire flight number. This puts us into our connection a little later but not enough to cause any problems as we had a good layover in the first place.

I will start checking once a week as we get closer and then every day the week of.

Guess I should go check ours again.

Would hate to be like my mom, she lives 2 hours from the airport so she usually gets a hotel room and heads up early the day before so that she can relax.

Well Cont tried calling her and emailing her that her flight was canceled cause the crew had too many hours in. So she left on a later flight but was bumped to the 3rd flight into here. It was crazy lol.

We always get our screwed up flights on the return so that you really get screwed and they always change them while we are in the air lol. We have accepted that is our fate:D

My flights also changed with US Air/ America West - we don't get home to Philadelphia until 6am the next day ! A very nice honest rep. at US Air told me to keep watching as the flights will most likely change again in the beginning of June . (Our trip is Augus - Cruisetour SB ending in Vancover). I just recieved today my "new" US Air confirmation number. We booked through American Express travel and they really were not very helpful.

I usually book with Travelocity and they are VERY good about notifying of any change.. even a couple of minutes change in flight time.. booked direct with airline and NO they did not email on first "big" change last February or obviously this one.. will probably book with travelocity from now on as they are very reliable about notifications...and like I said, checking every couple of days..

if you are traveling in August there probably will be another change but rep told me "unlikely":rolleyes: since we leave in about 5 wks.

Archived