Original "Love boat" theme video

AlainBob

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Sailed on her twice and truly do miss her. She was a wonderful ship. Although, for those who have sailed her, isn't it curious that most of the cabins had twin beds which could not be put together and yet it was called the "Love Boat'!! LOL

Sailed on her twice and truly do miss her. She was a wonderful ship. Although, for those who have sailed her, isn't it curious that most of the cabins had twin beds which could not be put together and yet it was called the "Love Boat'!! LOL

Well you do get closer when you sleep 2 in a twin;)

Thought it was the Pacific Princess, which they still have

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Thought it was the Pacific Princess, which they still have

It was the original Pacific Princess which now belongs to Pullmantur as the Pacific, which was on the Love Boat and which we sailed twice. The current Princess Pacifc Princess is new and it's smaller than the original one.

"My" Love Boat was not a Princess ship but a Home Lines ship, Doric. I married my Italian waiter from that ship.

At our wedding, the band, knowing our history, played the theme from the Love Boat when we walked in as husband and wife. It is nice to hear it again. I wish they would put the shows back on TV again.:)

I had read somewhere where some of The Love Boat TV show DVDs were suppose to be released last year, but they never were. Anyone have any information on when they will be released? I am also curious as AlaskaGoldenPrincessJune is.

Rstamper

They used two ships for the show.....the Pacific Princess and the Island Princess.. twin ships.....the Island Princess now is the Discovery sails for the Discovery World Cruises...saw her last week in Belize....took several photos of her...look in my webshots link under Grand Princess album and look at her yourselves...

They used two ships for the show.....the Pacific Princess and the Island Princess.. twin ships.....the Island Princess now is the Discovery sails for the Discovery World Cruises...saw her last week in Belize....took several photos of her...look in my webshots link under Grand Princess album and look at her yourselves...

That is true, they did use two ships for filming. I think this is one of them?

http://www.voyagesofdiscovery.com/id-12496/mv%20Discovery

Thanks for the link to the American Version - I'm adding the link to my blog and that one is probably more appropriate for me.

You know I can't remember now which came first - watching the "Love Boat" or typesetting the shore excursion brochures for the Royal Viking Line when I was working for a San Francisco printer. But either way, I was hooked. My first ship - the Mardi Gras - had funky stairs and I aspired to cruise on a ship with such a "fancy" atrium as the old Love Boat. Too funny now!!

It was the original Pacific Princess which now belongs to Pullmantur as the Pacific, which was on the Love Boat and which we sailed twice. The current Princess Pacifc Princess is new and it's smaller than the original one.

The current one is about 50% larger by tonnage (approx 30,000 tons to the old's approx 20,000 tons), although it carries a similar number of passengers.

"My" Love Boat was not a Princess ship but a Home Lines ship, Doric. I married my Italian waiter from that ship.

At our wedding, the band, knowing our history, played the theme from the Love Boat when we walked in as husband and wife. It is nice to hear it again. I wish they would put the shows back on TV again.:)

I told my FI that we should do this on our wedding cruise but I don't think he went for it :D

Archived