voyager cabin selection - aft or hump??

I need a little help here from the experts! We have booked a center hump cabin (JS) on Voyager and have the opportunity to switch to an aft - are balconies in both areas more or less enclosed? What is the best spot for balcony sunshine? We were spoiled by big balcony / lounge chairs in the sun on Splendour and would like to know if the same is available on Voyager? Are some aft balconies better than others - more "open"? TIA

I need a little help here from the experts! We have booked a center hump cabin (JS) on Voyager and have the opportunity to switch to an aft - are balconies in both areas more or less enclosed? What is the best spot for balcony sunshine? We were spoiled by big balcony / lounge chairs in the sun on Splendour and would like to know if the same is available on Voyager? Are some aft balconies better than others - more "open"? TIA

You need to be very careful on the Voyager class of ship when you select an aft balcony, because the ship's super structure can block you view. Take a look at the photos on this site. The higher the cabin the better, but none are as good as the aft cabins on the Radiance class of ship...in my opinion.

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/virtualtour/aft/aftFR.html

BILL

I had a mid-hump JS on Voyager (9618) and loved the location. But as far as wanting sun, we didn't have that much of it on the balcony. we were on the port side on eatern Caribbean cruise (this month) and had partial sun in the morning, but that was all.

Loved that cabin and location. Have booked the equivalent JS on the Freedom in a few weeks.

thanks for the help. we loved the hump on Jewel (although the balcony was huge it was pretty well enclosed - but that trip was port intensive so we weren't there for daytime sunshine anyway) and loved the aft on Splendour (wow!) but didn't have a clue about Voyager class. did a few searches but really couldn't figure out which might be better for the sun. :)

None of the balconies get much sun, really. Maybe early morning and late afternoon, when the sun is low in the sky. The upper decks effectively shade the balconies. If it's a tan you're looking for, you really need to go to the upper pool decks.

Archived