baggage-US Direct

txracefan

We did US Direct last year and had no problem. The airport in Vancouver directs you to an area where they bus you to the port. This way you don't have to go through any sort of customs. All the bags were delivered to our ship. (Luckily). I have to admit I was a little worried but it all worked out okay. You can probably put tape on your tag if you are worried. I did pack a full days worth of clothes in my carry on (just in case)

If you do US Direct, are you confined strictly to the port? Our flight gets in early enough to YVR that I'd like to do a little sightseeing before we board the ship? Is this possible?

If you do US Direct, are you confined strictly to the port? Our flight gets in early enough to YVR that I'd like to do a little sightseeing before we board the ship? Is this possible?

There is no reason to consider US Direct coming into Vancouver early. Just take a cab and enjoy some sightseeing. And yes with US Direct, you can not "step foot" in Canada. Once you do, it's back and forth through customs, which US Direct avoids.

Archived