Better Chance?

I agree I'm not sure there is a rhyme or reason into upgrades.........but even if the ship is not full RC normally doesn't just upgrade........but good luck.

Agree with above about not knowing.

We have been upgraded twice. Both with bookings through TA. Also, in our two cases, the cruise line did not tell us. In fact on one cruise, we checked in, went to our known(assumed) cablin location and the door key(card) did not work. Went to Pursers desk and only then found out we were in a suite 3 floors up.

Nice surprise though from RCL!:)

Other time, we realize it at check-in (2nd time) as we now always look. We did decline an alleged 3rd upgrade once as the implied upgrade was only moving us up two decks, but poorer location.

It doesn't matter how you book. It's a crap shoot as to what elicits an upgrade. It is more about the room you are have chosen than how you booked it.

Most of the upgrades we've seen have been inside cabins being upgraded and usually the lowest inside cabin category upgraded to another.

The second most upgrade we see are insides to oceanview.

We booked through a local TA, a cat N Inside cabin. We were upgraded to a Cat.G Oceanview. We did'nt ask for an upgrade. It was just there when we went to print out our online check in forms. Don't know how or why it happened. I am still thankful to the upgrade fairy.

Em,

I keep checking on line hoping to see Royal Suite :D but still showing 8300.

I know there isn't a cat in Hells chance on our cruise and I am perfectly happy with my cabin choice. It was more a question aimed at future cruises.

Thanks all!

Archived