What's up with the TP roll calls????

joyride

OK, so maybe it's just me - but I think this is odd. We are sailing on the TP on August 12th and we have about 5 or 6 couples on our roll call with under 200 posts.

There is another roll call for the TP for July 9th that has close to 2000 posts and over 20,000 views. So, what's up with that??? I thought that August is supposed to be a prime time to go to Tahiti, drier and not so hot.

I haven't read the July roll call - maybe it's a bunch of folks who know each other and they are keeping the thread hopping - but jeez!

I'm OK with our roll call being small and quaint, we are all talking and making plans together - but I'm just baffled by the huge difference in the numbers.

This is our first time to F.P. and I can't wait! We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and renewing our vows on the Tahitian Princess! It's going to be a very special trip.

Some threads are more active than others ... ours last August didn't have a ton of people on it (and some of us who were planning weddings were pretty delinquent about keeping up with the posts!), but the group was great once we met them!

August was a GREAT month to go to Tahiti -- we loved it so much, we are doing it again in '08 :-)

Sorry, Yes Maam I thought your were a teenager.

Yes F P is a wonderful place. Very Expensive but your event there will be with youall the rest of your natural born lives too...

So yes the expense does make sense.:cool:

Do you know the inventor of Liquid Smoke (An American) resides there and owns the largest buildable property in F P ?

Tom is a great guy and his wife is the daughter of the largest Pearl Farmer and a Miss F P too.. (Yes the Black Pearls are from here...)

;)

This is our first time to F.P. and I can't wait! We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and renewing our vows on the Tahitian Princess! It's going to be a very special trip.

I am experiencing the same thing on Pacific Princess - and I leave for Hawaii this month on May 27th. We have 4 posters, that's it. I really enjoy the roll calls, as I travel alone. It's a way to have new friends before you even get onboard...enjoy your cruise!

joyride, We have experienced exactly what you are seeing, in the past. We have had those wonderful roll calls where we had dozens joining in, and others with just a few. It all depends on how many active CC members are booked on your sailing.

You just never know if you booked a popular date with those here on CC or one where only a few members will be joining you.

I am sure, even with just a few, you will have a great time in Tahiti. It is one of our favorite places on earth, once we get through the flights. lol

I thought I read that the TP will be doing Alaska summer of 08 not Tahiti. I'm hoping that after Alaska either the TP or PP will be doing Tahiti to Hawaii again. Time will tell.

DH and I didn't book our cruise until 4/24, so I searched for the roll call. None there. I started one, but there have been 0 replies and only 8 views... I guess we'll either get excellent service on an empty ship, or we'll be surprised by some kind of almost-all chartered ship.

Sun Princess for 6/17/07 anyone?

I started the famous July 9th thread over a year ago! From day one, we had an active group. It's just luck in having people join you on cruise critic. No, none of us knew each other beforehand. I did meet one couple last summer at a concert, have spoken on the phone to another, and have corresponded by emails with a few in the past year. Also trying to meet another for dinner before we share the limo ride to the airport. We have been blessed with a really fun group and I know this will be a cruise to remember for each one of us. Over the past year, we have organized excursions together, linked reservations to have dinner together, shared in the loss and illnesses of our pets, and will share the celebrations of 3 honeymooning couples, plus a few anniversaries! I can't wait to meet everyone, and hopefully we will all come home with new friends to share more lifelong memories with!:D

I thought I read that the TP will be doing Alaska summer of 08 not Tahiti. I'm hoping that after Alaska either the TP or PP will be doing Tahiti to Hawaii again. Time will tell.

That is correct--Tahitian is going to Alaska for the 2008 summer season, then returning to Tahiti for the fall. Here's the press release on the Tahiti deployments for 2008:

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na881

OK, so maybe it's just me - but I think this is odd. We are sailing on the TP on August 12th and we have about 5 or 6 couples on our roll call with under 200 posts.

There is another roll call for the TP for July 9th that has close to 2000 posts and over 20,000 views. So, what's up with that??? I thought that August is supposed to be a prime time to go to Tahiti, drier and not so hot.

I haven't read the July roll call - maybe it's a bunch of folks who know each other and they are keeping the thread hopping - but jeez!

I'm OK with our roll call being small and quaint, we are all talking and making plans together - but I'm just baffled by the huge difference in the numbers.

Being from Australia - I can honestly say I have never met any of my fellow cruisers. Even though we haven't met I feel like I know them all and we are looking forward to a fun time. We are just a group that all seemed to "click" straight away.

Enjoy your cruise.

Jane;)

Thanks for the Packing List

Don't EVEN talk about your Roll Call--we have 51 posts w/855

Last night I recapped the fellow travelers--actually 14--suggesting that we might want another M&G other/or also to the 10pm embarkation day.

Maybe after Sail Away--anyway not a sound one way or another--May 16 apparently isn't popular at all--I have always thought it was because there were so many honeymoons and anniversaries that were celebrated by non-cruisers--so to speak

Anyway--you can't complain!!!!

Archived