What does everyone have to say about Zenith?

SusieV

The Zenith to Bermuda was our first cruise. We truly enjoyed the ship. We stayed in a suite (no balconies) and had a wonderful experience. Since the ship is small everything is close by but the ship never seems full. Because of her size you will notice the changes in the sea a little more. We can only compare her to the Millennium which we also enjoyed, especially the Celebrity Suite. Our future plans will be to return to both ships.

I hope this helps !!!

Have a great time !!!

Regards,

Tom

I really like Zenith as I do Horizon but then I like the smaller ships. There is really not a whole lot of reason to go CC on these ships as those rooms do not have balconies, they are just pretty much standard rooms w/pillowtop mattresses and different pillows. I can only compare to Century which I also liked. The ships always feel like they are not full. Lots of 'elbow room' and not many lines for things. Basically if it's an X ship I don't think you can go wrong! :D

I have cruised on the Zenith, the Horizon, the Summit and the Century. Last year the Zenith cruise I was on was a very crowded and congested ship due to it being a Captains Reunion cruise. I do not feel that the two older ships can manage the flow nearly as well as the larger ships when they are filled to capacity. I have to say my favorite size is the Century. I am sad to say that I am not planning any more future cruises on either the Zenith or the Horizon.

Last year when I booked the Zenith I was a little concerned. Two weeks on a 12 year old ship with no balconies. My wife and I are very picky. Every cruise we had been on in past 5 or 6 years had been on a new ship in a balcony. Of my 11 or 12 cruises it was one of the top three! Granted she does need new carpet in some areas and the bedspreads are a little worn, but for some reason we overlooked all that. There are so many good things (crew, food, etc.) about the Zenith that you don't sweat the small stuff. I'm booked again on the Zenith in January. I agree with Tuggers on CC. We got it because we wanted our old cabin back that was right by an aft deck. If your worried about not having a balcony, take a good hard look at 1090 and 1095. Some will say that noise bothered them in this area, but I never heard a thing.

Enjoy!

We've been on the "Zenith" 4 X, "Horizon" 6 X, Millie 1 X, Constellation 1 X.

While food/service etc, etc are on par, we really do prefer the smaller ships.

I guess it's all relative though as when they came out, they were the 'big boys".

I've sailed Zenith 5x now........the smaller size of the ship means a generally more intimate experience.....the public rooms are smaller and allow for greater interaction with the staff....the single level dining room allows the staff there to concentrate on your preferences and aren't hurried to get the meals out to the table........I've found the presentation and preparation of the food on Zenith to be a tad better than on some of the bigger ships.

As much as my wife and I have enjoyed having balcony cabins......our favorite ships are the ones with the fewest (or none) balconies, Century and Zenith.

Al C

How are the tables in the DR - close togehter. Are there many undesirable tables? We are a Cat 6 and are not expecting a great table, just hoping for one not one near the kitchen or adjacent to the server stands.

Do you know if the Maitre d' Hotel or whom ever does the seating arrangement assigns the tables by category or amount paid or other?

Thanks

Jeanne

Jeanne S,

There are very few tables for two, otherwise no problem. As for the table location I suggest the moment you get on the ship you should stop up and check your seat assignment with the Maitre d', if you are not happy just ask for a change.

Regards,

Tom

Last year when I booked the Zenith I was a little concerned. Two weeks on a 12 year old ship with no balconies. My wife and I are very picky. Every cruise we had been on in past 5 or 6 years had been on a new ship in a balcony. Of my 11 or 12 cruises it was one of the top three! ,,,,,,,

dmarch is right on the money! Our BIG concern was no balcony! Gosh! How little we missed it!

Out of 40 or so cruises, the 14-Day on Zenith was one of the VERY BEST!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Some like the large fancy ships and some like the smaller ones. I sailed last Feb on the Zenith and last night booked the Zenith for Feb 2005 again. I like this ship and all that goes with it. I don't have to have a balcony and like the rooms the way they are. If you like the smaller ships this is a great one to go on. The crew was the best we have had in the last 8 or 10 cruises that we have been on. I would not trade it for any of the larger ships. Sail with them and you will see the difference.

Jeanne S

Have experienced everything from a table for to a table for ten on Zenith.....this last cruise we had 24 spread over three tables a six, eight and ten......turned the six into a seven the ten into a nine...had two different waiters and switched tables with great frequency.....and not one problem.....both waiters quickly learned everyone's needs....plenty of room between tables. I truly believe that the food preparation and presentation are handled better on the smaller ships......back in '92 on the Horizon the Maitre D' explained that the galley was actually oversized for the ship and more stations making it much easier to do a better job on prep, etc. Quality on the other hand depends on what the corporate offices buy. the waiters, assistants and Maitre D's do get to spend more time with their tables. I think you will enjoy Zenith........and except for invitations to the Captain's table your cabin category has little to do with your table assignment. As CruiseinTime said once you are on board, locate the restaurant manager and discuss the location of your table...if you are not happy with the location a reasoned approach is the best way to effectuate a change.

Al C

Archived