pre cruise hotel in Athens

:) We will be spending 5 nights pre-cruise at the Hilton...it was totally redone for the Olympics a few years ago and has a great pool/gym. One Metro stop from the main Square and is in the Kolonaki district near the embassies...safe to walk at night with restaurants, shops,etc. Not sure what prices are now...booked this online a year ago and got a fair price but the euro has gone up.

We are looking for a pre-cruise hotel also. We would need 2 rooms because we are traveling w/ Paul & Joyce. We would fly in on the 23rd and just stay the one night. Paul & Joyce have been to AThens a couple of times. We are mainly interested in seeing the Acropolis and would like a hotel within walking distance of there or the Plaka area.

How is everyone getting to the port? I got a quote from a taxi driver from hotel to port. Will also need to book from the airport to the hotel.

Mary

We are staying two nights precruise (The Royal Princess June 1st) at The Electra. Apparently it is next to the Plaka and has rooms with a view of the Acropolis. I researched many sites and eventually booked through Expedia which I have used before. The cost was $220 per night Canadian; not cheap, not a 5 star hotel but in a great location. Hope it works out.

Linda

We stayed at the Jason Inn. Again, not a 5 star hotel. Your typical Greek 2-3 star hotel. Very friendly people. Nice room with a view of Acropolis. Didn't pay much (212 euro for 4 nights including breakfast) but it was in December. We stayed at a hotel by the train station two years ago in July but it is much farther away from the Acropolis. We often find the best prices through gtahotels.com. We always check Expedia and Trip Advisor to get their reviews before booking.

I just started a new thread for this request, as I missed your post. Did you ever get an info?

Thanks, Judy

hi judy- we are booked at the Hotel Economy www.economyhotel.gr

central location but not the closest to the Acropolis but very reasonable and looks clean. Nice to deal with via email.

We are on the same sailing, the 31st on the Jewel, so see you at the meet and greet!

Jef

Could all you guys give a review of your hotel stay when you return from your cruise. We aren't going until Nov. so I still have plenty of time to book something.

Jef, I just checked out the Economy & the price for Nov. is E60.00 per night. Certainly a great rate. Looks like it would suit our purpose for one night. Would like your recommendation after you get back. I am not looking for a 5* place but want it to be clean and convenient to walking to Acropolis, etc.

Have a great cruise everyone.

Mary

Could all you guys give a review of your hotel stay when you return from your cruise. We aren't going until Nov. so I still have plenty of time to book something.

Jef, I just checked out the Economy & the price for Nov. is E60.00 per night. Certainly a great rate. Looks like it would suit our purpose for one night. Would like your recommendation after you get back. I am not looking for a 5* place but want it to be clean and convenient to walking to Acropolis, etc.

Have a great cruise everyone.

Mary

Mary

I would book a reservation now and you can always cancel. They did not want a deposit. Please email me after we get back to get my comments about the hotel. Would be happy to share my experiences. My email is JEFARL@aol.com and put in the subject Athens -hotel recommendation so I know its not spam

Jef

We stayed at the AVA hotel last October. We had a large room. It was just a block from the Plaka and very near the Acropolis. Booked it on Tripadvisor for about 120 Euros per night. We were there for three nights. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Archived