What do yo do....

EPD

BlazerBoy,

I am getting very excited for my son. I almost wish I was going, but my husband didn't want to go. So instead we are going to Bermuda. I will just have to suffer being on Zenith to Bermuda for a week while my son's at the Fringe. I guess the watermelon martini's will help pass the time away.

Anne Maria

CruisingChick-

Well, Burmuda's not so bad, either! ;)

But to convince your husband in the future, Edinburgh has arts and culture galore, but also a Scotch Whiskey Production center, a first class museum of the Royal Yacht Britania, and the Military Tatoo- the most amazing assemblage of military bands in the world, complete with fireworks shot off with Edinburgh Castle in the background- I wasn't interested when I first heard about it, but it was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. And just outside Edinburgh is great golfing!

Wait, now I want to go back to Scotland!

In terms of this thread, I think that planning the next trip will waiting for the current one is probably the best way to pass the time!:)

hi:) I am still waiting for my docs for my upcoming cruise:eek: ....was told they were mailed Friday......I was hoping they would arrive today...no such luck:confused:

Maybe tomorrow......tomorrow.....

Lois, I'm still waiting for mine, too. TA said they sent someone else's by mistake and she had to Fed-ex them back to N.J., and mine would come overnight to SF today. BUT I REALLY THINK...that my travel agent is overwhelmed from all the work that piled up while away on her two-week cruise, and that she hasn't had time to type up the itinerary, so my docs are sitting in her office waiting...:mad:

...I think the anticiation is making me paranoid:D

Andrew

Andrew:) I know you are just teasing LOL...listen, I don't even know what cabin I have........I booked on a guarantee......so, not sure what that does for my luggage....maybe I should write my TA...geeee...what a concept LOL

The one thing I have heard about HAL Documents...they are in a leather binder (well, maybe leatherette;) )...but I have heard it is supposed to be really nice:D

Toni~too funny...I am staying next door at the Marriott Marina:D I invited one of the gals on the fashion boards to drive up for dinner (she lives in Miami).....maybe the 3 of us could go out! That would be great:) ...there is a wonderful Italian place in the same center as your hotel...its called BRAVO....I have been there twice.....its fantastic:)

Lois, that sounds great. I'll have my mom and dad with me so I might just meet you all for a drink if that's alright with you all. I stayed at pier 66 this past June but priceline decided to give me this hotel this time around. I think I'll like it just fine.

Well, now I'm in trouble- the documents arrived today!!!:D :D :D

I'll have to review the thread and take some of this advice- work is going to be really difficult from now on!

The first thing you do is the "doc-dance"! 5_1_120.gif

After that, you read over the documents 4 or 5 times and dream about your cruise. You check the boards 10-12 times a day to see if anything new has been posted. You talk about your cruise to anyone that will listen (until they can't wait for you to go too, because they're so tired of hearing about it!), and you post and we answer to help you through these long and dragged out days! 4_1_10v.gif

Garry

After that, you read over the documents 4 or 5 times and dream about your cruise. You check the boards 10-12 times a day to see if anything new has been posted. You talk about your cruise to anyone that will listen (until they can't wait for you to go too, because they're so tired of hearing about it!), and you post and we answer to help you through these long and dragged out days!

Substitute the word "brochure" for "documents" and this would be different from what I've been doing since I joined CC in April exactly how???:D My boss has been rolling her eyes for months, which really wasn't fair, because she just got back from an Alaska cruise!

Still, getting your docs is a nice milestone!

(Posted this on my rollcall as well)

:confused: Had a good look over the docs last night, and noticed that, after the 19 pages of our contract, there was a preprinted 30 page glossy insert with info about dress code, etc. In our docs, however, pages 3 through 26 were ripped out. Anyone with docs out there know what, if anything we're missing? I'm assuming it was shore excursion stuff, which we've already taken care of, but just curious.

Andrew

Erin & Brent,

Congrats on your upcoming, we were married last year on Vancouver Island and are redoing our honeymoon at the Empress before heading out on the Summit for our 1 year anniversary cruise. We can relate to what you are going through!

Packing has been going on for a month now as we read these boards and new "gotta haves" are adding to the piles. We keep the luggage hidden from our Westies still at this point because they always want to know if they are going too. Remember (as we found out) Murpheys Law can kick in and just go with the flow, it is your time, enjoy. Our Murpheys Law event, Canada has labor day too and you cannot get a marriage license if they ain't open... what a last minute change in plans!!!:eek:

Kevin

Archived