Can 12 be seated together?

oraf7

At Traditional dining can 12 people fit at a table?
I doubt it. The largest table top I've seen has been for 10. You would most likely get either a table for 8 and one for 4, or two tables for 6. You can aways mix and match between the two tables during the cruise.

The tables are actually pedestals and Princess puts different-sized table tops to accommodate the number of people at the table. They can change a table for 8 to 10, for instance. But as I said, I've never seen a table for 12.

I did a group cruise with my family and there were 22 of us. We were seated at long tables near the window on the side of the dining room. We had one table for 8 and the other table held 14. That was on the Carnival Miracle, so I am not sure about your ship. But you can certainly ask to have it arranged. Good luck!

We traveled with 11 and were seated together on the Grand last December. It was a tight fit and I don't think one more person could've squeezed in. I almost wish we'd split and done a 6 and a 5 and then traded around each night. Have fun!

I have seen 12 but it doesn't work out well. It is better to have (2) tables of 6 so that everyone can talk to each other at their table (circular table). Then the next night -switch people around.

If you have a table of 12 - you really only talk to those across from you (think long tables).

Of all the big groups I have cruised with I have only seen a table for 10 or less. With each of those group we were encouraged to switch tables during the cruise. And I still tipped my original waitstaff team even if didn't sit at one of their tables a couple of nights.

No.. don't listen to everyone.

We just got off a cruise on Easter week. Caribbean Princess. We had 12 of us and we linked all the names together and I called Princess to see if this would be an issue and they told me NO PROBLEM.

We were not crowded and had a great time. We actually could have seated more, that is how roomy it was. So be sure to call!

By the way, our table was round and we could easily talk to anyone.

HAVE FUN!

I agree with the last post - we took a family cruise on the Caribbean Princess in July and there was 11 of us - and we had no problem - had a great time - and could have had more!! We thought we were going to be confirmed for traditional early seating - but we were waitlisted - the moment we got on, we went to the Maitre d (sp?) and requested a table for 11 at the anytime dining - we wanted the same table with the same servers - they were nothing but fantastic - completley accomodated

Hope that helps - the same group of people will be on the Grand in Jan. 08 -

I crusie every January with a group of 12-14....I can assure you that we have had very different experiences in arranging for group seating through Princess' "Anytime" Dining plan.

For a couple of years, Princess was most willing to accommodate our large groups....As another poster suggested, we simply spoke with the Maitre'd and requested the same table (or same 2 tables) for our group every night...No problem. Later, however, on other Princess cruises, we were treated like we were asking for the impossible...And, when we complained that we wished to be seated together because it was an annual reunion cruise, we were told that we should book earlier in the future...By booking earlier we could guarantee tables together at the same time every night in the traditional dining room.

Under "Anytime" on the Diamond, the Maitre'D wanted to give us 2 different tables in 2 different dining rooms. He kept insisting that that was was "Anytime" Dining was all about...He urged to try it...Insisted we would love it. His rationale was that it was unfair to other passengers to tie up so many seats for one large party in the same dining room...He insisted that we should be willing to separate into separate dining rooms.

Well, I do love "Anytime" -- when I am traveling with DH or a small family group...But not when our reunion group cruises together. Since the time our request was denied on the Diamond Princess, we voted with our wallets....And we have found RCCL and Celebrity to be most cooperative in accommodating large groups. With Princess, I am just not willing to chance it unless we are on the "Traditional Dining" plan.

Good luck! But, my experience has been that there are no guarantees that large groups can be seated together every night on the "Anytime" plan. It al depends on the ship and the staff.

Larger Groups are able to accomodated. As what firm/company with the groups buying power would not want this as well UpSells ancilliary items etc..

When you book as a group having a better cost basis is vital so compare other lines as well.

HAL a Carnival (CCL CUK NYSE/LSE) Cruise Line with 13 Ships does this and I have had them. They even ring a Ships Bell (Three Bar Chime) to announce Diner time !:D

Try them and see on the sea. On Princess being aboard her ships in more than slips was ok in someways but I do find they ... Procrastinate a lot ..

So the only way to alter that is to make sure you book with the groups and dining arrangements made together as well.. if members of your group want to take alternative dinning timers..well let them have a great time doing it.

As in the BoyScouts MOTTO saying:

Be Prepared!

:cool:

If they do not oblige your previous reservations and/or requests the mighty wallet speaks volumes.. Adjust the so called Gratuity Downward... and list your comments on the comment cards..

Written knowledge of any impropriety should as well be cced to Carnival Corporate HQ and if your Investors the I. Relations Dept...

How else does any company know unless the clients tell them what is going on..?

I crusie every January with a group of 12-14....I can assure you that we have had very different experiences in arranging for group seating through Princess' "Anytime" Dining plan.

For a couple of years, Princess was most willing to accommodate our large groups....As another poster suggested, we simply spoke with the Maitre'd and requested the same table (or same 2 tables) for our group every night...No problem. Later, however, on other Princess cruises, we were treated like we were asking for the impossible...And, when we complained that we wished to be seated together because it was an annual reunion cruise, we were told that we should book earlier in the future...By booking earlier we could guarantee tables together at the same time every night in the traditional dining room.

Under "Anytime" on the Diamond, the Maitre'D wanted to give us 2 different tables in 2 different dining rooms. He kept insisting that that was was "Anytime" Dining was all about...He urged to try it...Insisted we would love it. His rationale was that it was unfair to other passengers to tie up so many seats for one large party in the same dining room...He insisted that we should be willing to separate into separate dining rooms.

Well, I do love "Anytime" -- when I am traveling with DH or a small family group...But not when our reunion group cruises together. Since the time our request was denied on the Diamond Princess, we voted with our wallets....And we have found RCCL and Celebrity to be most cooperative in accommodating large groups. With Princess, I am just not willing to chance it unless we are on the "Traditional Dining" plan.

Good luck! But, my experience has been that there are no guarantees that large groups can be seated together every night on the "Anytime" plan. It al depends on the ship and the staff.

Since Princess makes the policies and not the hard-working servers, why on earth would you lessen your gratuity?

If you have a problem with Princess or any other line not making reasonable accomodation for you, take it up with the higher ups - not the waiter.

Leave the tips alone!

We were on the Golden Princess two weeks ago and our large table was oval shaped and seated 13 people fine (We had 7 adults and the rest were kids). It gets a little loud at dinner but I think because we had 6 young children, not because of the large party. We were a group of 25 adults and kids cruising together. We were linked together for first seating, traditional dining.

Have fun on your cruise.

On the Star Princess last month, we had a very large squarish table for 11, against a couple of windows -- it was great. Everyone was able to talk to the others with no effort. Adding one more would have been no problem -- this was traditional dining in the Amalfi dining room.

Yes, you can probably all sit together if you're very good friends/family and no one is left-handed :D !

It doesn't hurt to slip the Maitre'd a twenty when you ask for this arrangement!

Archived