What do you do with the 'leather' frames?

Just returned from Rhapsody and received 2 leather (?) frames as a C&A gift. What do all you past cruisers do with your frames? Do you actually display them? Looking for ideas!!

We put two pictures in them that we got from the cruise. Have them on our wall.

We put our Welcome Aboard photo in one and it's on the TV in our bedroom so we can keep remembering what fun it was and think about our upcoming cruises and talk about booking more. The other has a fun graphic thing that was done with one of our formal night photos and that is in our dining room. I have 2 more sitting waiting for the photos to go in to them. One will go on DH desk in his home office and one will go on my desk in my home office. Helps with daydreaming...............:)

I don't have one yet, but from what I have read on here I believe I will get one on the Rhapsody in June....I will use mine to put a cruise picture in. If I get another on my Voyager cruise I will probably give it to someone as a souvenier. I hear they are ugly, is that true?

If I am so lucky to get one, I will probably use it. Put a picture from the cruise or something.

What else would you do with the frame? Does anyone really buy them off ebay? What am I talking about. Someone will ALWAYS want the stuff you don't ;)

I don't have one yet, but from what I have read on here I believe I will get one on the Rhapsody in June....I will use mine to put a cruise picture in. If I get another on my Voyager cruise I will probably give it to someone as a souvenier. I hear they are ugly, is that true?

Well.....they are not very attractive, that's why I asked the question. I guess I could use them in our home office with a picture of the cruise. Something to look at and remember while we wait for our next curise.

I have to be honest. I think they are pretty crummy. That being said, we put a picture from our cruise in each one, wrapped them up and gave one to each of our kids as an extra Christmas gift!! Truth be told, I think they thought they were pretty ugly (the frames, that is, not us!!)

If I am so lucky to get one, I will probably use it. Put a picture from the cruise or something.

What else would you do with the frame? Does anyone really buy them off ebay? What am I talking about. Someone will ALWAYS want the stuff you don't ;)

I thought about Ebay. Looked up frame history and looks like most that sold only sold for .99 plus shipping. Not worth my time.

Well.....they are not very attractive, that's why I asked the question. I guess I could use them in our home office with a picture of the cruise. Something to look at and remember while we wait for our next curise.

I appreciate anything that the cruiseline gives me. I don't think they are unattractive at all. They are free "thank you" gifts. Never look a gift horse in the mouth, is my opinion.

Well, actually the first set we brought home and tried to frame some photos. But they were so bad, we gave up and tossed them out. Second set, well they went in the trash can as we were packing up before departing from the last cruise. One of the worst freebies ever...

I have to be honest. I think they are pretty crummy. That being said, we put a picture from our cruise in each one, wrapped them up and gave one to each of our kids as an extra Christmas gift!! Truth be told, I think they thought they were pretty ugly (the frames, that is, not us!!)

We all have our opinions of course, but i do gotta say i agree with you on this. I actually gave them to my nieces who are 3 & 7 to decorate with glitter glue and stuff. They seem to like them, after they're overhaul that is....:p

Just returned from Rhapsody and received 2 leather (?) frames as a C&A gift. What do all you past cruisers do with your frames? Do you actually display them? Looking for ideas!!

If that's what I receive in July, I'll give mine away to another passenger. More useless clutter in my opinion.

I guess I was raised wrong because I was taught to appreciate any gift given to me, regardless. I happen to like them myself. Even if I didnt I would bring it home and put it somewhere safe, probably with other things people have given me that are totally useless for me but the fact they were a gift I cherish them. I guess I figure they dont have to give us anything at all and I remember cruises I got nothing so I am thankful they did something.

We have received six from three different cruises. We have cruise photos in two of the frames on a shelf above our computer to bring back happy memories. I'm not sure where the other frames are.

The best gift we ever received from Royal Caribbean were little insulated bags with a bottle of water and hand wipes inside. I think there were a few other things in the bags too. We loved those bags and would gladly have more to give to our family. They are great for excursions.

We do appreciate what RCI gives us. I know it is just a gesture, but it is better than being ignored.

Its the thought that counts. They really don't have to give you anything. If you don't want them, give them to someone else on the cruise or leave them in the cabin. Probably wasn't the first gift you got that you didn't like, and it sounds like it won't be the last.

Looks like Im in the minority that think they're ok...........granted after awhile, the stand gives and they wont stay up.but hey, they beat fanny packs anyday!! Actually, the frames are the only gift we have ever used.........

I would imagine soon,there should be a new gift.....frames have been around awhile.............

I guess I was raised wrong because I was taught to appreciate any gift given to me, regardless. I happen to like them myself. Even if I didnt I would bring it home and put it somewhere safe, probably with other things people have given me that are totally useless for me but the fact they were a gift I cherish them. I guess I figure they dont have to give us anything at all and I remember cruises I got nothing so I am thankful they did something.

Cherish is a strong word for something that cost them .03 cents to produce. But if you really like 'em, you are welcome to mine. As a matter of fact, you are welcome to all my useless crap. I cherish things from friends that they give me. But only to a point. If I kept everything that was ever given to me, my house would be too full of stuff. And I am not a pack rat. Pleather frames from RCI would not go with my decor at all.

I appreciate that RCI leaves some sort of goody/treat/gift for us. I have always enjoyed the tote-bags and toiletries cases, etc.

I was a bit disappointed though with the pleather photo frames. I certainly would have preferred to leave them for someone else to have, but my sweetie cannot turn anything down, so we will store them, unused, forever. (We live in a shoebox in Manhattan, so this is not a good thing.)

Leslie

We hung 1 of ours on the wall in the den, right next to the velour Elvis painting. DW just adores it. I used the other one as a frame to hold the licence tag on the back of the trailer. All the neighbors are envious.

Archived