Loosing it!!!!

localady

I know I must be crazy, but somehow postings that I made days ago, are showing up as being made 5 minutes ago. anyone else having this experience or are the cybergods Just playing with my feeble mind?????

P.S. they don't call me "loca"lady for nothing!:eek:

I know I must be crazy, but somehow postings that I made days ago, are showing up as being made 5 minutes ago. anyone else having this experience or are the cybergods Just playing with my feeble mind?????

Can you point out an example of this? Are you seeing the time-stamp on the index board, or on the actual thread post itself?

On the thread itself. For instance there are a couple of posts replied to by Serendipity that I read 2+ days ago, yet they are noted as being made 3 minutes ago!!!:eek: Help Mr. Wizard!!!

And no I don't see Pink Elephants!!! Hehe:cool:

hi:) you are NOT going nuts.....I posted a new thread about this same topic on Saturday.....there is something going on with the times....and with postings....:eek:

I am not sure what is wrong...but I have noticed some strange things over the last few days.....:confused:

KK posted about this as well........

Thanks Lois!!!

I am midlife crazy as noted by my cruising addiction, but it's good to know that I was not imagining this!!!! I saw your post, and didn't realize what you meant, now I sure do!!!!:cool: Thanks for the input!:cool:

no problem:)

It is VERY WEIRD though....it is not on many threads...but I have been noticing it for at least 4 or 5 days now:eek:

:) localady

You are not crazy. I started a thread a few days ago when I noticed the same thing. I had made a post, for example at 8:30 AM. Then it would show up maybe around 9:10 (again) just as if I had posted something on the same thread. But when I checked the actual thread itself, the time was still listed as 8:30.

:)

Let me see if I can take a stab at answering this one.

A Poll Thread is different from just a regular thread. On a Poll thread there are TWO ways to advance the "latest" time-stamp -- one is by posting a post to it, the other is by VOTING on it. Every time someone votes on a Poll that thread is advanced to the top and given a new "latest" date/time stamp, regardless of there being a new post on it or not. One can look at the CC HAL board index page and will see that "How many days do you have on HAL?" was last posted to by Serendipity, and it will say "10:27 AM" (that's central time). However, if you go into that thread, scroll to its end, and see Serendipity's last post it was actually posted YESTERDAY. What's happened? The last POST was made my Serendipity YESTERDAY, but someone voted on the POLL today at 10:27 AM (Central Time).

In other words, the time-stamp on the index board is for the last time that something was added to the thread, the name is for the last post. If the last thing added to the thread was a post, than the name will coordinate with the time-stamp. If the last thing added to the thread was a VOTE on the poll, then the name will NOT coordinate with the time-stamp.

That should be fixed. It's confusing a lot of people.

Archived