I Just Booked My First Cruise On Rci!!

We are sooo excited!!! :p We will be on the Mariner of the Seas 4/27/08. (wow that's a long time away) We will be in Cabin 8618 which she said was "on the bubble" mid ship. Let me know how this sounds to you RCI pros.

We have been on 3 other cruises all on Carnival, but we wanted to try a different line just to branch out a bit.

Thanks so much for all the great advice and answers I have found here. I'm sure between now and April '08 I will be popping up from time to time with some probably goofy questions..so thanks in advance for your patience

congrats to you guys! you will love rci and the mariner! this ship has so much to offer as do all voyager and freedom class ships- don't forget to sign up for crown and anchor while onboard- is free to join and will get you perks and coupons for next sailing (s)- as for lots of questions, we are all here and ready to answer- there is probably nothing you can ask that someone on this board cannot answer-

crown and anchor is rci's loyalty or frequent cruiser program- after your 1st cruise you are gold members- and next cruise you will get a couple of coupon booklets in your cabin and a welcome back gift- register online with your c and a # and you will have access to coupons for $$ off some future cruises-

then after 5 cruise credits you will be platinum- better coupon booklets in the cabin and more $$$ off some future sailings- then after 10 cruises you are diamond- even better coupon booklets and more $$$ off future cruises-

the perks are listed on rci website- they have an awesome loyalty program-

if you are in a suite, you earn 2 cruise credits for 1-?9 days

other cabins = 1 cruise credit for 1 -9? days

then you get more for longer sailings-

don't have the cruise credit earning schedule in front of me at moment- someone may have it and post it here for you...........:)

Your cabin is on the hump, which is what the people of cruise critic call that area. PRIME location, very coveted because you can see both aft and to the front, plus extremely convenient to practically everything.

We also went on Carnival a few times, and they were nice, but the RCCL cruises we have now taken, have been fantastic.

we have had cat 8 d and 8 e on carnival - 100,000 ton to 110,000 ton ships- and have had e2, e1, d3 cat's on rci voyager class ships - did not notice much of a size diff. between these- if there is a diff. it was pretty minimal ( imho) have done a js on enchantment and it seemed about like a d1, 2, 3 on voyager class ( maybe a tad larger...............) all are nice -

Hi GTO-Girl, We just returned from our first RC Cruise on the Mariner 4/22/07 and we are looking at this one next. You will love the Mariner it is a stunning ship. There is a roll call for this cruise on the roll call thread. Hope to see you there.

Jane

Uh-oh, you've just opened a can of worms. Prepare to draw fish.

This is a hotly contested debate. *Technically*, Chops and Portofino's are also formal, but if you're dressed in nice resort type clothing you should fit right in. Most people go resort nice to those places every night.

Oh, and do go to the specialty restaurants. They are wonderful.

if you are in a suite, you earn 2 cruise credits for 1-?9 days

other cabins = 1 cruise credit for 1 -9? days

then you get more for longer sailings-

don't have the cruise credit earning schedule in front of me at moment- someone may have it and post it here for you...........:)

It's 12 nights that kicks it over to the extra cruise credit.

Any cruise, any length = 1 credit

Any length cruise in a JS and above = 1 extra credit

12-nights or longer in any cabin = 1 extra credit

Maximum credits that can be earned for a single cruise = 3 (12-nights or longer in a JS and above)

beachchick

Archived