Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

You win a beautiful downtown walking tour of .....Ocho Rios.....Self guided.......of course.....:D

See you at a Lightning game.......

Actually, I used to work for the TBL ( for over 10 years)!!! Only made to a few games last year....too busy cruising.

BUFFET Trays.....I guess you could always take two trays and use one on top!

Yes, they have trays at the buffett. But how will you cover the food to keep it warm???Hmmmm???

Order room service, maybe something with plate covers and then keep a cover to take to the buffet.

Cheers, Jim

Seminole: Thank you! When are you getting married and when are you cruising?

We're thinking about the June 8th Legend cruise.

Hi! Sorry it took so long to respond. This thread is huge!! Our wedding is on February 16, 2008 and then our honeymoon cruise leaves on February 17, 2008. We booked early because we wanted one of the aft cabins with the wrap-a-round balconies! :D

Hi Everyone!

My DH wanted me to post to see if you can get sun on your balcony? Our room is 8121, just below the spa on the Panaroma deck and we are cruising the Western Carribean (I was not sure if those two factors made a difference). We have a 13 month old that will be doing quite a bit of napping and he wanted to make sure we could still get our sun :D .

Thank you!!

Lindsay

We have to decide by Wednesday whether to take the Western Caribbean cruise on the Legend on 10/05/08 or 10/12/08. This will be our first Carnival and first Caribbean cruise, we have done TA's. We would prefer a date that is not during a school holiday. We have a hold on cabin 7190 with extended balcony - do these have lounge chairs? We are especially interested in excursions to Mayan ruins, which port has the best? Would appreciate any input, thanks.

cstory3, I will be in the same cabin in September. If you would like a review of the room I will be happy to give you one.

cstory3, I will be in the same cabin in September. If you would like a review of the room I will be happy to give you one.

It would be great to get a review of this room - we booked the 10/5/08 cruise. We will be cruising to Europe and back in September and I will probably not have a chance to check this board during that time but would love to read your review in October as it will help me look forward to another cruise!! Would also be interested in your tips on excursions and whether early or late dining is best (don't want to miss the sailaways) Thanks

Hello All. New to the board but have been looking for the past couple of months. If all goes as planned, I will make our deposit for the Dec. 2nd cruise, and add my name to the roll call. Thanks for all the information everyone. It has made a huge difference!

I wanted to ask opinions as to what deck is best. I've chosen Empress because it is between two decks of rooms, hoping for less noise. Also, I want to be pretty close to the water so I can hear it when waking up in the morning. I would really like an after cabin! Do any of you experienced cruisers have any advice?

Hello All. New to the board but have been looking for the past couple of months. If all goes as planned, I will make our deposit for the Dec. 2nd cruise, and add my name to the roll call. Thanks for all the information everyone. It has made a huge difference!

I wanted to ask opinions as to what deck is best. I've chosen Empress because it is between two decks of rooms, hoping for less noise. Also, I want to be pretty close to the water so I can hear it when waking up in the morning. I would really like an after cabin! Do any of you experienced cruisers have any advice?

You are thinking like we are thinking. We have an aft room booked for the September 23rd sailing, so we will be able to report our verdict. Our first time for an aft, but I have read reviews from many cruisers on these boards who seem to love them. Happy cruisin'

Just resort casual wear. I guess jeans, shorts and tank tops are not allowed.

Jim

Tonight (last night of cruise) is CASUAL. All that it says is "Please, no shorts"

There are always jeans around.

You will also see plenty of tank tops, and caps, etc...:rolleyes:

Tom

My wife and I will be traveling on the Legend in 8 days and I have a couple of questions to ask:

First, my wife has some mobility issues. She can walk, but occasionally will use a walker, can anyone give me any tips that would help her enjoy her trip?

Second, if irons are not allowed in the cabins, how do people get their clothes looking good after they are packed in a suitcase?

I can't help much with your first question - except to advise you not to show up to dinner or the cocktail parties too early. Your wife will end up standing for a while in a large crowd. They don't open the doors until the scheduled time and on the first night at dinner it takes people a while to go in. I'm NOT saying you should show up 15 minutes late ... just not early.

They have irons in the laundry rooms or bring Downey Wrinkle release spray or hang things in the bathroom and steam them when you take a shower. OR - do what I do - walk around with slightly wrinkled clothes because I'M ON VACATION

Coach - Looking forward to seeing you in a couple days.

I am going to take a crack at your questions backwards:

2. On each floore (or every other floor) there is a self laundry room that has an iron in it. Or they will have dry cleaning services available for a small fee. Although some people just hang them in the bathroom while taking a shower or pack a portable steamer.

1. On our last cruise, we took my grandmother who was 86 and uses a cane. We forced her to get a wheel chair, which she cussed us and absolutely refused to use, until she saw the length of the hallways. She didn't use it all the time, but ended up using it most of the time just due to the size of the ship. And the last night, we got away late because one of the electric motors that hoists the tenders broke (cheap GE stuff) and the captain was "hauling the mail" to get us back to port, so it was a little more bumpy that usual. She was really happy to have one after that because we could barely walk the ship was moving so good. Just something to consider.

Can someone please tell me what they had in their toiletries baskets on the Legend? There are 6 of us travelling so I don't want to take unnecessary items with us.

Thanks much!

Suzan

Will be in 6184 for our Dec 09, 2007 cruise.

On the Deck Plan, I can clearly see that the elevators will be close to the room, but there is also something else further forward. What exactly is that? Stairs?

And if anyone has stayed in such close proximity to the stairs (if that's what they are) and elevators, has noise been an issue for you?

Dannzigg, I am sailing on the Legend on 08/19. I am staying in room # 6186. I will let you know how the noise is from the elevators and stairs are. This was a concern of ours as well.

Can someone please tell me what they had in their toiletries baskets on the Legend? There are 6 of us travelling so I don't want to take unnecessary items with us.

Thanks much!

Suzan

a sample harlequin romance book, 2 pcs trident white gum, bic soleil razor (mans & womans), emergen-C packet of drink mix (red flavor), single dose pkt of pepcid AC, sample of some Olay product, some pain reliever - don't recall which (2 tablets).

Maybe a couple of other things, but nothing much...