Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

a sample harlequin romance book, 2 pcs trident white gum, bic soleil razor (mans & womans), emergen-C packet of drink mix (red flavor), single dose pkt of pepcid AC, sample of some Olay product, some pain reliever - don't recall which (2 tablets).

Maybe a couple of other things, but nothing much...

Thank you!

My husband and I are looking at the Legend for this October. We really like the itinerary. But, the only balcony or OV rooms that are currently available are the obstructed view ones over the lifeboats. The balconies are on deck 5 just to the aft and rear of center above the lifeboats, and the OV are on deck 4 basically in the same location. Can anyone tell me if these views are completely obstructed? The balconies are called Balcony Staterooms with French Doors. We have never cruised Carnival, always before have done RC, so I am not familiar with the layout of the rooms/ships. Thanks so much in advance for any help. I REALLY want to take this cruise, but hubby must have some type of view.

Trying to find out about cabins 8174,76,78,80. These are below the lido deck. Anyone stayed in one of these cabins to be able to tell how the noise etc are? I hear alot about scraping chairs.

Thanks,

We got off the Legend yesterday & had cabin 8177. Very loud - so if you are a light sleeper, change cabins. I slept through all the noise but DH did not. The location is awesome though!

We got off the Legend yesterday & had cabin 8177. Very loud - so if you are a light sleeper, change cabins. I slept through all the noise but DH did not. The location is awesome though!

Thanks for the quick response. We are cruising in September so I think it might be alittle late to change cabins now. Maybe ear plugs will do.

Hi Everyone!

I realize that there have been numerous threads about self-disembarking, but I have a few specific questions that I haven't found the answers to. What time do they start calling for self-disembarking? Also, is there a "last-call" time for that, or can you choose that option at any time? Finally, can you hear the announcement in your cabin, or do you need to be on deck?

I don't have an early flight, but we are driving to Disney for the day, and would like to get an early start.

Thanks in advance!:)

Hi Everyone!

I realize that there have been numerous threads about self-disembarking, but I have a few specific questions that I haven't found the answers to. What time do they start calling for self-disembarking? Also, is there a "last-call" time for that, or can you choose that option at any time? Finally, can you hear the announcement in your cabin, or do you need to be on deck?

I don't have an early flight, but we are driving to Disney for the day, and would like to get an early start.

Thanks in advance!:)

When we got off last Sunday the "last call" for self-disembarkation was just before 8:15. I want to say that it started around 7:30, but I can tell you for sure. I am not sure if it was announced in the cabins as we were in the waiting area for Platinum guests - where I clearly heard 2-3 calls for final self-assists.

Tom

When we got off last Sunday the "last call" for self-disembarkation was just before 8:15. I want to say that it started around 7:30, but I can tell you for sure. I am not sure if it was announced in the cabins as we were in the waiting area for Platinum guests - where I clearly heard 2-3 calls for final self-assists.

Tom

Thanks!

When we got off last Sunday the "last call" for self-disembarkation was just before 8:15. I want to say that it started around 7:30, but I CAN'T(corrected!) tell you for sure. I am not sure if it was announced in the cabins as we were in the waiting area for Platinum guests - where I clearly heard 2-3 calls for final self-assists.

Tom

Thanks!

You are welcome!

Down to the wire now, and of course, I've thought of more questions:

1) How long do the shows generally last? I ask this because when we were on the Fantasy last year, we spent more time sitting in the seat before the show (about 45 minutes in order to get a good one) than the show lasted (30 minutes in a lot of cases)....

2) What is the best time to book the excursions? I went online to pre-order my Race Fantastique trip, but the site says that I'm too late to pre-book online...I know that this trip will probably not be in any danger of selling out, but I want to get it booked before the huge lines appear at the tours desk.

Thanks again to all who share their insight and experience!

Suzan

I kept reading about these new beds that they put on all the ships.

I know the Legend is fairly new and was on it the first year it sailed.

Since this is a newer ship, did they upgrade their beds as well??

Thanks - Diane

Cruisers7771,

We had 8232 on Miracle which is the same class ship. The balcony was wider and 3 times as long. We had the usual furniture plus 2 loungers and it was still roomy. You can see pics in my Miracle Review.

The only thing we didn't like was that it was set in so you couldn't see to the front of the ship and there was a little chair scraping noise from Lido in the morning, only heard it outside, not in the room.

Has anyone ever stayed in 8232 on the Panorama deck? Its an extended balcony and I was wondering just how "extended" it was.

Thanks!

Let me know how you liked it when you get back (if you remember) I've got the same room booked for our December cruise on the Legend.

Let me know how you liked it when you get back (if you remember) I've got the same room booked for our December cruise on the Legend.

Sure! No problem. I know its next to the laundry room and I was nervous of that because of noise. But the lady at Carnival said its not noisy at all. Well, we will see. I dont think people will be doing laundry every day......I hope not! :confused:

If you look at that room on the ships layout on the carnival website, its that big, white, empty part next to our room. We figured it would either be a wall or some kind of community room so thats why we asked and found out it was the laundry room.

Our cruise is August 26th so I will let you know after then!

Have a great trip!

Suzski,

See if you can order the excursion from Funvision in your cabin if the lines are long at the Purser's desk. That is what we always did.

Thanks, Sallyb. We'll try and take care of it early on and, if that doesn't work, use the Funvision...the only issue we could have with that would be trying to book for 3 staterooms of people.

Cruisers7771,

We had 8232 on Miracle which is the same class ship. The balcony was wider and 3 times as long. We had the usual furniture plus 2 loungers and it was still roomy. You can see pics in my Miracle Review.

The only thing we didn't like was that it was set in so you couldn't see to the front of the ship and there was a little chair scraping noise from Lido in the morning, only heard it outside, not in the room.

Thanks sallyb! Wow, that's a long balcony! Very roomy! Great pictures too!