Freedom Oct. 14,'07 What's up?

Does anyone know why the rates are so outrageous for this sail date? Some other dates in Oct are "hot deals". We got our balcony cabin back in July for a very reasonable rate. The balcony rates shown are $1888! Insides are over$1200. What gives?

Does anyone know why the rates are so outrageous for this sail date? Some other dates in Oct are "hot deals". We got our balcony cabin back in July for a very reasonable rate. The balcony rates shown are $1888! Insides are over$1200. What gives?

I have no idea, but we didn't pay much for than that for July and October is the off season. That's strange.

Best explanation I can think of is there is one or more groups on that cruise that have booked or have had TAs reserve large blocks of rooms. Rates shoot way up when that happens. It happened on my Voyager cruise on 1/13/08, balconys are currently $600 more than what I booked and higher than any other cruise that quarter with the exception of the Spring Break cruise.

Best explanation I can think of is there is one or more groups on that cruise that have booked or have had TAs reserve large blocks of rooms. Rates shoot way up when that happens. It happened on my Voyager cruise on 1/13/08, balconys are currently $600 more than what I booked and higher than any other cruise that quarter with the exception of the Spring Break cruise.

But then it would have shown as being close to sold out. That is not the case here at all.

But then it would have shown as being close to sold out. That is not the case here at all.

Not necessarily. There are plenty of cabins still left for our Voyager sailing. The large blocks of rooms tied up by the TAs aren't necessarily all sold either, and there might be a bunch released closer to sail date.

Are there any holidays when school is out that week?

Our children get Fall Break that week so they have 2 official days off school and we pull them the other 3 - makes for a much easier make-up situation when we get back - I know most of OK does this, but am not sure about other states.

We looked at the Oct 14 Freedom cruise but it was Western and we were on Western at the time. We chose the Oct 13 Liberty cruise (which is about sold out) and it was cheaper - we have one less port, but we LOVE the Eastern (moutains at the ports, just gorgeous).

Well, I really can't imagine that one state's fall break would cause a real "run" on this particular cruise and not on others in the same time frame. Ditto on UK fall break. We had a very bad experience on NOS this March with 20-something "breakers". If these breaks are for public schools only and not colleges, we should be OK. Funnily enough, we had previously cruised spring break at least twice before with absolutely no problems. I am still a bit apprehensive about a large group. Any large group can create problems for the rest of the cruisers. I know because I have experienced this on both RCI and Princess.

I think it probably has something to do with group bookings. DH and I are sailing as part of a large group that will be onboard, not exactly sure how many in the group but I would guess that its well over 100. Even though we got a great price for the cruise, we booked last year in Oct, I'll be watching closely after the final payment date for any reductions in the price.

Archived