vip check in ?

It's starts on your 10th cruise. Check your past cruises on Carnival's site & make sure all of yours all listed. If so, print out that list & take with you to show. If you are not allowed Platinum checkin.....take your list to the Purser's desk once on board so you will get all the other perks.

It's starts on your 10th cruise. Check your past cruises on Carnival's site & make sure all of yours all listed. If so, print out that list & take with you to show. If you are not allowed Platinum checkin.....take your list to the Purser's desk once on board so you will get all the other perks.

will they let her proceed through VIP check-in if she shows the ground person working the lines her list? then, once on board see the purser for the rest of the perks?

Go to Carnival Site and go into my profile then to cruise history and check what they have listed for you. Send a E-mail if not correct and then call also. They should be able to correct in a few days.

I leave this Friday and got docs over the weekend.....I am in a suite and there is nothing about VIP check in on the doc...but Carnival cruise line states that when you get to pier...tell porter you are VIP and they will direct you to the VIP check in. So, I don't think you will see VIP on your docs.

I've had suites both times out of Canaveral and both sets of docs said VIP. I do know some ports do not offer it so check that first. The Carnival website lists those that do. I think it's under faq's.

will they let her proceed through VIP check-in if she shows the ground person working the lines her list? then, once on board see the purser for the rest of the perks?

Probably like most things.......depends on the person you get at the port & the mood they are in. Hopefully OP can get it all straightened out before cruise time.

Leaving on May 21 on my 10th cruise with Carnival. I recieved my docs but they do not say I am entitled to VIP check in. Is this normal? Should I call my PVP or just check in at the VIP room. Thanks for any advise.

This also happened to me on my last cruise. Our documents came and they didn't say VIP check in. I called to verify that I was going to be platinum with the upcoming cruise and they said yes. I then went to their site and printed out a copy of the cruise history and I carried it with me just in case someone asked for it. No one did. I asked for VIP checkin when we got to the pier and checked in without any problems.:)

Welcome to the Platinum club!:cool:

Same thing happened last March on the Pride. Our family of 4 are all Platinum and when the docs came in those precious words "please proceed to VIP Check In" was not on them.

I simply printed out our cruise history and carried it with us. Also my PVP did contact the Pride directly to make sure we were on the lsit....and we were.

This was at the beginning of the program when it was hit or miss. By now, it should be a well oiled machine.

BTW, it is ON your 10th cruise...not after.

As for handicapped elderly, Carnival will allow one family member is assist each elderly adult.

My parents are booked in a Cat11, they are first time cruisers. My questiion is my family and my sister are not booked in Cat 11, is is possible to check in with them, using the VIP line? We want to have the boarding photo taken with all of us in it. Someone else said just get in the VIP line and they most likely won't say anything to you.

Same thing happened last March on the Pride. Our family of 4 are all Platinum and when the docs came in those precious words "please proceed to VIP Check In" was not on them.

I simply printed out our cruise history and carried it with us. Also my PVP did contact the Pride directly to make sure we were on the lsit....and we were.

This was at the beginning of the program when it was hit or miss. By now, it should be a well oiled machine.

BTW, it is ON your 10th cruise...not after.

As for handicapped elderly, Carnival will allow one family member is assist each elderly adult.

I hope they let me board with my wife on our cruise next month. She is platinum and I'm 1 shy.

I am listed in the room next door with one of the kids and she is in another room listed with the other kid.

Bill

We leave 5/19 on the Fantasy. DH and I are Platinum. Our 3 adult children coming with us in another cabin are not. I would not want to leave them, so I'm hoping they can come with us for VIP check-in. If that doesn't happen, I won't leave them. I'll just wait with everyone else and skip the VIP checkin.

My parents are booked in a Cat11, they are first time cruisers. My questiion is my family and my sister are not booked in Cat 11, is is possible to check in with them, using the VIP line? We want to have the boarding photo taken with all of us in it. Someone else said just get in the VIP line and they most likely won't say anything to you.

There was this same case at check-in the non Cat 11 children couldn't go thru VIP. Otherwise where do they draw the line? So parents had to go thru regular with them.

I left my adult children when I was VIP and they weren't. They are adults!

You have to show VIP on the doc's and they do check.

Why would anyone expect non qualified people to get the same perk as you who have earned the right. Just don't get the logic. You earned your right, your 3 adult children have not so why would you expect them to be able to board with you? I suppose that you would want them to be able to go with you to the past guest party which unless they have cruised with Carnival previously would not be allowed too.

My wife just said that she is not getting on without me since she buys the dreaded photo of us getting onboard no matter how bad it is. She would be getting her picture taken with one of the kids and I'd be getting my picture taken with the other.

Maybe I can buy both and photoshop them to make it look like we were together.

Another thing is that if I would have booked 1 cabin with all 4 of us together we'd all get to board VIP together. But since I paid an extra $2000 for an extra cabin they'll split us up. Oh well, we'll all be platinum next time.

We'll survive and have a great cruise.:)

Bill

Last cruise was my 10th husbands 9th. He had vip everything with me. As far as OP's problem.. are you sure you checked the very front of the docs above where its says Guests: and below where is says Embark:

Not saying your not smart but it took me a month to see that for some reason.

happy cruising!!

Last cruise was my 10th husbands 9th. He had vip everything with me. As far as OP's problem.. are you sure you checked the very front of the docs above where its says Guests: and below where is says Embark:

Not saying your not smart but it took me a month to see that for some reason.

happy cruising!!

You were both booked in the same cabin so you were both entitled to VIP.:)

Bill

talked with my friend who works at the Long Beach terminal, not for Carnival but all the other ships and she said most of the time if you are traveling in a group they will allow all of them to board with the VIP group. She said to put one group in the regular line, have the VIPs (in this case my parents) go to VIP line and ask. The worst that can happen is they say no. She said though she has never seen anyone traveling as a group or family turned away.

As far drawing a line on who should get to use the VIP line, to me if you are with your family and they have a VIP pass, it is nice to keep the families together. Especially if the VIP line is short and it is not slowing any other VIP guests down.

talked with my friend who works at the Long Beach terminal, not for Carnival but all the other ships and she said most of the time if you are traveling in a group they will allow all of them to board with the VIP group. She said to put one group in the regular line, have the VIPs (in this case my parents) go to VIP line and ask. The worst that can happen is they say no. She said though she has never seen anyone traveling as a group or family turned away.

As far drawing a line on who should get to use the VIP line, to me if you are with your family and they have a VIP pass, it is nice to keep the families together. Especially if the VIP line is short and it is not slowing any other VIP guests down.

If everyone did this the regular line would be shorter than the VIP line! Sometimes the VIP rooms are small and if everyone brought their group or families in they would be very over crowded. It is not fair for the people who have paid for the privilege or who have earned it to check in the VIP line and be slowed down by having people in the VIP line that don't belong there.

Archived