I was drugged in Costa Maya - Majahual - BEWARE!!

So sorry to hear about this. Thanks so much for warning everyone else. Someone posted a similar story on cruise critic of their mother being drugged in Cozumel on one of the resort beaches and many were skeptical of the story when it was originally told. I think this proves the problem really does exist. Maybe others will now come forth with similar experiences. Thank god you made it hope safely.

I'm obviously not a troll, am I. ;) I think people think they are getting drunk when it's something else.

I am waiting for a doctor to call from a clinic. The sex assault unit thinks the test will be negative by now and since I was not raped they said I should see my doctor tomorrow. They said I could call pollice if I want to press charges but would need FBI - for Mexico? I can't do all that because I drank in the wrong place. All that is important at this point is to warn future cruisers to only drink at reputable places or from a bottle they open themselves. No preopened bottles in hole in the wall places please.

icon1.gifNot adding up...

Rohypnol is a drug with a very short half life, meaning that it is metabolized very quickly in the human body.

If you were given a drug and you are still feeling the effects of it,

it is very likely that it would have been something other than

Rohypnol.

In your given situation, I would go to an emergency department,

explain the situation and that you are still having symptoms and request

that a Comprehensive Toxicology screen be preformed.

While Rohypnol would be an easy drug to use for the purpose of

robbing or raping and individual, one would not likely have symptoms

over several days time.

It is possible that you were given something else and the only way

to know for sure is to have the comprehensive toxicology screening

done. It really does not make sense to wait until you hear back from

a doctor or urgent care clinic. Just go to your local hospital

emergency room and let them handle the situation.

I am waiting for a doctor to call from a clinic. The sex assault unit thinks the test will be negative by now and since I was not raped they said I should see my doctor tomorrow. They said I could call pollice if I want to press charges but would need FBI - for Mexico? I can't do all that because I drank in the wrong place. All that is important at this point is to warn future cruisers to only drink at reputable places or from a bottle they open themselves. No preopened bottles in hole in the wall places please.

Rohypnol is a drug with a very short half life, meaning that it is metabolized very quickly in the human body.

Rohypnol.

over several days time.

I think this would be a legitimate point. 2 women alone with a man they just met on a cruise makes much more sense to me than some random bartender.

Either way sorry for whatever happened to you.

In total it was 3 women, two kids and a man. It had already happended by the time the woman and her 2 kids left. It was not the man with us. He made sure we stayed safe (not raped or killed) and got back to the ship.

Rohypnol.

over several days time.

The Jackson Memorial Hospital rape treatment center says otherwise. They say it sometimes takes several days for the full effects to go away. They also seemed to think it is not of an emergency nature at this point since I was not raped. They suggested my own doctor tomorrow.

Gina

Sorry this happened to you.............your credability on these boards hopefully will send a loud WARNING..........it can and does happen........keep us posted.

Gina

Sorry this happened to you.............your credability on these boards hopefully will send a loud WARNING..........it can and does happen........keep us posted.

This happening to you does not in the least surprise me. I don't mean you per se but the event.

I don't for the life of me understand why anyone wants to go to Mexico. We had our own event the last time we were in Mexico on a land vacation, and as much as it didn't compare to your horror, we vowed we would never go to Mexico again. No one is safe there. Just ask the family of the murder victims from here in Ontario.

I'm very sorry about what happened and I certainly hope you have no lasting effects.

My general advise, no one should go to Mexico!!!

Rohypnol.

over several days time.

I TOTALLY AGREE! WHO KNOWS WHAT IS IN YOUR SYSTEM? YOU NEED TO FIND OUT NOW.

I too am a nurse so I know how we take care of everyone else but ourselves. From one nurse 2 another TAKE CARE OF YOU!!!!

So sorry this has happened to you. I have read your different posts here on CC and you have my respect.

Take care and let us know how you are.

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Thank you for being so forthright about your experience. You have probably saved many people from a similar experience, or worse.

I think it is an excellent idea to contact Greta van Sustern, as this seems like the kind of thing she might want to investigate and bring to public awareness.

As a licensed therapist who's been counseling people since 1974, I say, "Do not blame yourself for ANYTHING at all. You are a courageous woman to be so open for the purpose of warning others. Thank you."

About 15 years ago, I worked with a woman on a hospital inpatient psychiatric unit who was there for depression with suicidal ideation as the result of taking a cruise to Mexico with a girlfriend. She remembered having a drink in a bar and the next thing she experienced was awakening in the back seat of an abandoned car, having obviously been raped. She was devastated. She eventually was able to work through it enough to be discharged, but anything that anyone can do to help prevent this from happening to another person is to be commended.

I think you both were very lucky to have the cc friend who wasn't drinking margaritas along with you! Thank Goodness for the Angels in human clothing.

And thank YOU for sharing your story so that others can think twice about their own safety.

This happening to you does not in the least surprise me. I don't mean you per se but the event.

I don't for the life of me understand why anyone wants to go to Mexico. We had our own event the last time we were in Mexico on a land vacation, and as much as it didn't compare to your horror, we vowed we would never go to Mexico again. No one is safe there. Just ask the family of the murder victims from here in Ontario.

I'm very sorry about what happened and I certainly hope you have no lasting effects.

My general advise, no one should go to Mexico!!!

I don't know, I just got back and had the best time in my life. I was a little depressed having to go back to work in the US for a few days. Go figure?

WOW I am so sorry this happened to you. costa maya is on my agenda for next year and I am delighted to have read this information for safety sakes.

I hope you have a full recovery and hope the remainderof your cruise was somewhat fun. in spite of it all, so sorry mommabean

Costa Maya is also on one of our agenda's for next year...........sure gets you to thinking and very cautious. Thanks again for the heads up.

Thank you for being so forthright about your experience. You have probably saved many people from a similar experience, or worse.

I think it is an excellent idea to contact Greta van Sustern, as this seems like the kind of thing she might want to investigate and bring to public awareness.

As a licensed therapist who's been counseling people since 1974, I say, "Do not blame yourself for ANYTHING at all. You are a courageous woman to be so open for the purpose of warning others. Thank you."

About 15 years ago, I worked with a woman on a hospital inpatient psychiatric unit who was there for depression with suicidal ideation as the result of taking a cruise to Mexico with a girlfriend. She remembered having a drink in a bar and the next thing she experienced was awakening in the back seat of an abandoned car, having obviously been raped. She was devastated. She eventually was able to work through it enough to be discharged, but anything that anyone can do to help prevent this from happening to another person is to be commended.

I am lucky my husband doesn't blame me. My sister isn't so lucky - she can't even tell her husband what happened for fear of his reaction. It was my husband who insisted I warn my cc friends of what could happen. We all know it can happen anywhere but don't believe it will happen to us especially near the port where the ships take us all. I still say I shouldn't have been drinking - at least in port. It never dawned on me. I feel really stupid. Thank you for your kind post.

I think we can blame this on Carnival, they shouldn't have brought you there, they probably had it all planned... just kidding Carnival :p ;) !

But how was the cruise before you had all this happen? Did you at least get to have a good time for a few days? I just feel terrible that happened to you on your vacation.

I don't know, I just got back and had the best time in my life. I was a little depressed having to go back to work in the US for a few days. Go figure?

Sometimes luck has a lot to do with it - do you suppose you may have just been lucky?

There are so many places to go to where the risk is just isn't as high as it is in Mexico.

Sometimes luck has a lot to do with it - do you suppose you may have just been lucky?

There are so many places to go to where the risk is just isn't as high as it is in Mexico.

I felt lucky to be there, very free. I know that with the military men posted there wouldn't be any disturbances. I was at ease. Costa Maya has a very low population.

Even at Cozumel I got lost after renting a jeep. I just drove around bumped into the airport. Asked someone nearby how to get to where I was going and went off..

I think we can blame this on Carnival, they shouldn't have brought you there, they probably had it all planned... just kidding Carnival :p ;) !

But how was the cruise before you had all this happen? Did you at least get to have a good time for a few days? I just feel terrible that happened to you on your vacation.

very tacky

WOW I am so sorry this happened to you. costa maya is on my agenda for next year and I am delighted to have read this information for safety sakes.

I hope you have a full recovery and hope the remainderof your cruise was somewhat fun. in spite of it all, so sorry mommabean

The cruise did have it's redeeming qualities. We enjoyed spending most of the time with our cc friend who did watch out for us in spite of what some are thinking. We looked forward to our nice dinners with our 2 male table mates. I hope they didn't think were were the tablemates from hell :).

I can't believe we walked the 4 miles to town in Cozumel due to my sister's still not so hot judgement the next day - we were at the RCL pier while Ecstasy had the normal CCL pier in town. And in my not so hot judgment I didn't think to refuse to do it. She insisted the taxi drivers were lying to us when they said how far it was. The ship itself didn't come close to an RCI ship - even comparing similar classes of ships. RCCL Majesty of the Seas to CCL Fantasy. There was no comparison - Majesty wins. But my problem wasn't a Carnival issue. And there are great people to meet on all ships.

Archived