Vancouver - Granville Island

mnwildfan2

Hi everyone,

DH and I will be spending 3 days in Vancouver pre-cruise. I'm wondering how long people have spent in Granville Island? It sounds like there is a lot so as of right now I've devoted 6-7 hours to it, but I'm not sure if that's too much? Thanks for any information.

Jen

1st Cruise on Celebrity Mercury - Alaska 6/4/2004

I love Granville. We haven't been there since '01 but there is a really cool air, ship and train museum there that is very unique, has unbelievable model train set up and some very neat exhibits..inexpensive too..

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">Join CC's "Alaska Live in 2005 Adventure"..you'll have a "whale" of a good time!</font>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font SIZE="1">Days Till Royal Hounds Cruise on Mariner of the Seas...!</font>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<font SIZE="1">Days Till Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa</font>

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font>

Depending on what you want to do, half a day is plenty. You can check out most of the shops in that amount of time without a problem.

We loved our time there! Enjoy!

7/02 NCL Wind - Alaska (honeymoon)

7/03 NCL Star -Hawaii (1st anniversary)

10/04 RCI Legend - Panama Canal (just because it's there)

Half a day is plenty-go look around,grab some lunch,see if there is an art show or festival on and then go do something else. If you eat outside beware of mean seagulls! They are very brave and will steal your fish and chips!

Time for another Cruise!

I really enjoyed Granville Island - lots of neat shops. Some a little on the expensive side but that's typical for a tourist attraction type thing. My husband and I enjoyed eating at the "Keg," mmm- good food.

Our cruise leaves on Monday, so we'll be in Vancouver on Sunday. Are the shops on Granville Island open Sundays?

- Terri

06/2002 Celebrity Summit (Alaska)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=221100&cdt=2004;6;14;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Sun Princess June 14, 2004

The shops were open Sunday last time we were there but some didn't open until late morning

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">Join CC's "Alaska Live in 2005 Adventure"..you'll have a "whale" of a good time!</font>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font SIZE="1">Days Till Royal Hounds Cruise on Mariner of the Seas...!</font>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<font SIZE="1">Days Till Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa</font>

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Our cruise leaves on Monday, so we'll be in Vancouver on Sunday. Are the shops on Granville Island open Sundays?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Terri,

Granville Island is open 7 days a week from 9 am to 6pm. It's a great place to spend a leisurely Sunday. It's a popular place for locals on the weekend, too - not just a tourist place. We like to go have a coffee, grab a snack, then buy something from the Public Market to take home and make for dinner.

Here's a link: Granville Island

Ell icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Coral Princess - Trancanal on Sept 26, 2004

Archived