Regent Navigator

Hello,

I just found this website and I have found a lot of useful info - thanks! I am surprising my Mom and taking her on a Regent (Navigator) cruise this December. We are sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to Key West to Nassau.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has previously sailed the Navigator (pros and cons) and I am curious to know what type of weather to expect.

Thank you!

My family and I had an awesome Christmas cruise on Navigator last year. There were 13 of us in all. There was nothing negative about it for us. The notorious vibration was never an issue, the food, the service, the staff...everything was all we could have asked for and more. The weather was fine, too. Very hot in the Caribbean, in fact. One day the water was a little too rough to do the beach party at Roatan, but as we got an extra sea day there were no worries at all. The ship was just beautiful with the holiday decorations. You will have an amazing time!

Agree, Navigator is great. Do a search see some previous threads for some specifics. But in general, the vibration is there, but was not a factor in our enjoyment of the cruise. Otherwise, was just a great cruise and a wonderful ship. Amazing how they can "pack" all the amenities in such a small ship, but they do it in a very luxurious way. You will have a wonderful time.

NJBelle

There area some quirky things about Navigator, but the overall cruise experience...especially knowing what the alternatives are for that type of cruise...should be wonderful.

Some of the public areas are awkwardly setup and there is a significant vibration problem in the aft areas -which are easily enough avoided or adjusted to (other than your suite...which should not be extremely aft).

If you use the search feature you can find lots of information on the ship, its service and posters' opinions.

Hi Everyone!

Thanks very much for your responses! I am really looking forward to surprising my Mom and whisking her away on the Regent Navigator!

Could someone please tell me what I should expect regarding the dress code on the Navigator? We are taking a short cruise, 3 nights in December 2007.

Thanks for any help!

Don't know about the short cruises, but Regent as a whole is a more formal cruise line. Navigator doesn't have as many venues as Voyager and Mariner and there is no smoking in Compass Rose aboard Navigator any more. Conroy says it's because of the limited dining venues.

I doubt that on a 3 days cruise you'll have a formal night. In November I will be on an 8 nights Med cruise on Voyager and we are having no formal nights. Regent is moving away from formal nights in some of their itineraries. I believe none of their Alaska cruises have formal nights. I am not sure about Caribbean.

I might be on the minority but I love at least one formal night.

Archived