Who has seen and enjoyed Comedien "Billy Vader" ?

CRUISAYEAR

He was on the Coral Princess in February. No clue where he is now. He's a hoot! Very funny man. Can't remember his routine ... sorry. He got on the ship's TV with Richard (CD) and told of his long history with Princess. He started back when they began filming The Love Boat TV series, and has been sailing with them ever since.

Very funny guy!

Isn't he the one who talks about the dumbest things he hears people say...?

There was also something about chips, and losing one each time you're caught saying something dumb... can't quite remember it.

We've seen him several times and he is by far the funniest guy we've seen onboard.

I was walking around the Coral, taking video, and ran into him in the showroom. We were the only ones in there and I said hello and he talked with me and started telling jokes.

He says "you know why you don't see anybody over 65 on the promenad deck while the ship is underway in the evening?"

I say, no I don't, why is that?

He says "their to old to push open the doors against the pressure"!

He says.."Im going to open a wig and toupe shop next to Facets, and sell people their hair back"

I say...what do you mean, sell it back?

He says.."man, you know how windy it gets out there when were doing 22 knots with a tail wind! When they do go outside, there's so much hair flyin' you could cover the statue of Liberty with it! I got a huge net trailin' aft and in the morning I pull it in just fulla hair pieces.

He says.."I love this line, they don't have walker races and electric scooter drags on the pool deck on Carnival!"

He says.. " just teasin' about the older crowd, im gonna be one of them next year"

We've sailed with Billy several times and continue to think he is one of the best around. His 'Ed Sullivan' bit one of the funniest acts we have seen. :D He and now retired Cruise Director 'Peter' used to team up and left people in tears they were so funny. We had lunch with him the last time we sailed together and he is a great guy along with being funny. We personally hope he never retires to that North Carolina mountain.

We just got off the Star in the Med. Billy Vader was on - not very good on the first night - just loads of wind-ups about the different nationalities - but the second time we saw him he was hilarious.

Also saw juggler Bob Cates - absolutely brilliant, despite the handicap of putting a juggler - especially one who uses a unicycle - in the Vista Showlounge - how dumb was that! Can you imagine the headroom he had to deal with? One of the funniest bits of his first show was when he started unplugging wires above the stage...! We were sat at the same table as him for dinner one evening - he's a really nice friendly guy, and one of the few tablemates (we were on pc dining) who made any effort to talk to my 15-year-old son about anything other than school. If you find he's on your ship, move heaven and earth to see his show.

Vivienne

I have a video made aboard Royal Princess when she was young(about 1986) and Captain John Young was her Master. Part of the video shows the Captain on the ship's P.A. discussing what to do if someone falls overboard(this was part of the Lifeboat Drill). Billy Vader is then shown that night mimicking the Captain. After all these years, it is still a riot when I watch his routine!

Archived