Traveling essentials

Pashapug

Traveling on the Royal Princess in June/July!

Wondering if Princess provides bathroom toiletries (shampoo and conditioner)...and if they restock after use. Also, are there hair dryers in each cabin? I would rather fill precious luggage space with clothes.

How do the laundries on board work? Use quarters? (or, more likely, dollar bills?) Soap provided (for a price, I'm sure)? Crowded? Best times to use?

And, failing all else, does the ship offer laundry service?

Any advice, etc. most appreciated.

Also...anxiously waiting to hear something from those who were on the Royal's maiden voyage!

Haven't been on the Royal--been on 12 Princess Cruises--last was the Crown last month for two weeks--they all have do-it-yourself laundries--usually use quarters--for washer, dryer and soap--they have ironing boards and irons

If this is only for a 7 day cruise--it shouldn't be busy--most people can easily pack for 7 days--after that there will be more people using the facilities--they are usually placed on each deck--people will usually do their laundry on a sea day--I believe that they close at 10 pm--they may open at 7 am

Yes, there is laundry and dry cleaning service on the ship.

Shampoo, conditioner and other toilitries are replaced after use--your room is straightened up twice a day.

Oh Yes, there is a hair dryer provided.

Some of this may not be important if you are not going on a long cruise.

Have a great time

Nancy:D

Hair Dryers: They do have one, but it is weak. If you have long hair, or thick one, I would bring my own. Everything else is already in the room (Shampoo, Conditionner & Bath Gel).

Joanne

Thanks all...these answers are very helpful. Our cruise will last 12 days...so we'll certainly be using the laundry facilities. My husband and I will likely toss a coin for the honors!

I have found it very helpful to bring along a small pump container of antibacterial liquid hand soap to keep in my cabin's bathroom. The soap that is provided in each cabin for the sink is regular bar soap (on my past 3 cruises with other lines), and not anti-bacterial.

I keep my liquid antibacterial soap on the counter, and use it exclusively, and it lasts the whole week for our quad cabin family. Then just discard the leftovers instead of bringing it home.

Traveling on the Royal Princess in June/July!

Wondering if Princess provides bathroom toiletries (shampoo and conditioner)...and if they restock after use.

Yes; both shampoo and conditioner which are restocked 2x a day.
Also, are there hair dryers in each cabin?
Yes; the hair dryer is located next to or above the desk in the cabin, not in the bathroom.

How do the laundries on board work? Use quarters? (or, more likely, dollar bills?) Soap provided (for a price, I'm sure)?
On some ships, the laundries are free; on others, there is a $1 charge for each washer and each dryer. There is also a $1 charge for soap. The machines take quarters which you can get either from a change machine in the laundry room or from the Pursar's Desk. I always get it from the Pursar's Desk. You can purchase soap from either a machine in the laundry room or in the ship's store. I always bring some Downy sheets in my luggage and use them in the dryer.
Crowded? Best times to use?
Yes, it can be crowded but I've never had a wait if I start my laundry at 4PM and then I'm done by 5:30PM. Washers take 30 minutes; dryers take 45 minutes.

And, failing all else, does the ship offer laundry service?
Yes, there is laundry service which is pretty reasonable. Many Princess ships also offer a $15/all you can stuff into the laundry bag special at least once during the cruise.

Archived