Brooklyn Cruise Terminal - Bringing Wine on Board

MomGo

I have read posts that say no problem at the San Juan Cruise Terminal, but what about the Brooklyn Terminal? We are on the Crown on June 26 and want to bring bottles of wine on our carry-on. Has anyone ever had a problem?

Thank you for asking this, i was going to do the same!

I too am interested in how strict they are in scanning bags for liquor (other than wine)

People who are cruising the crown out of Brooklyn in the coming months please let us know how bringing liquor onboard went.

We packed a couple of bottles of wine in a cardboard box along with a two 12-packs of soda and checked it along with the rest of our luggage. It arrived in our cabin with no problem.

I would not think you would have any problem at all if you were to bring it aboard with you either.

Lew

Since we are flying in, we'll probably have to carry it on as I have no idea where we could get a box. Or, we have a big bag with our snorkel gear (4 of us), so I guess that would be a good cushiony place to pack wine if we choose to check it. One thing we are definitely going to do is tape a couple of cases of water together and add a cabin tag. Many people have done that in the past without any problem. I just haven't seen any posts where people getting on in Brooklyn have ever carried on wine. Thanks again.

If anyone else has had an experience with Brooklyn involving wine, etc., please share your comments.

Susie

We were on the Crown last August and used a soft sided cooler on wheels to take whatever we needed. We just wheeled it right on the ship. We are going to be on the Crown this August (only goes to show how much we love this ship) and will do the same.

Happy Sailing............

Helane

• 1 year later...

Does it matter how many bottles you bring on board? Is there a limit?

We aren't lushes, but we are four people and going on a 9 night cruise. On RCCL, you can't bring any.

Is there a corking fee on Princess? What if we walk into the dining room with a class of wine?

Thanks for any help. We haven't been on Princess in a while.

Princess allows one bottle of wine or champagne per person per port. Only corkage fee is in the dining room. Yes you may carry a glass into the dining room. Contrary to what many say here in CC, I have seen bottles of liquor and extra bottles of wine taken upon check in. Actually happened to friends we were travelling with(guess I looked honest!?!). They are returned the final night of your cruise. Your cabin steward will provide a corkscrew and glasses should you need them.

Does it matter how many bottles you bring on board? Is there a limit?

We aren't lushes, but we are four people and going on a 9 night cruise. On RCCL, you can't bring any.

Is there a corking fee on Princess? What if we walk into the dining room with a class of wine?

Thanks for any help. We haven't been on Princess in a while.

Just carry a glass of wine with you to dinner & avoid the corking fees altogether.

Archived