Any recommendations for a IAH hotel?

MsYukon

Hi - need to book a hotel near at IAH once I finish my cruise? Anyone have any recommendations? My flight out is at 6:00 AM so prefer to be near the airport in a clean, reasonably priced hotel.

TIA for any suggestions!

the Hilton Garden Inn is close, very clean and not to expensive. don't stay anywhere except right by airport as area is seedy /strip joints off Rankin etc. I have lived here my whole life, so I know.

the Hilton Garden Inn is close, very clean and not to expensive. don't stay anywhere except right by airport as area is seedy /strip joints off Rankin etc. I have lived here my whole life, so I know.

I'd also recommend the Hilton Garden Inn at IAH. It has a little restaurant in the lobby to take care of dinner, and a free shuttle to the airport in the morning. It seems fairly new (2 - 3 years old, tops).

Is the the right one? http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=HOUICGIHilton Garden Inn Houston/Bush Intercontinental Airport 15400 John F. Kennedy Blvd, Houston, Texas, United States 77032

Tel: +1-281-449-4148 Fax: +1-281-449-4713

If so,will book it tonight.

Thanks for all your assistance folks - this board is great!

yes that is correct

If you will be in a day DO go to Old Town Spring. 15 minutes from IAH.

DON'T go to Greenspoint mall thinking it is just a mall. It is gangsta infested and locals call it Gunspoint.

Another vote for the Sheraton. I live in Houston, but had to spend the night there once when I wanted to be close to the airport for an early flight and didn't want to fight rush hour traffic coming up from the south side of town.

I have to second what some others have said about that part of town as well. It's not the nicest area so be careful if you go exploring away from the area around the airport.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to post that I did stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and I highly recommend it (thanks to everyone who recomended it to me!).

The shuttle picked me up within 10 minutes of my calling them, the room was FABULOUS, good restaraunt at the hotel and the price was right (under $100).

Just wanted to add my thoughts!

Archived