Finally.....Platinum!!!

;) When were on the Majesty in April, 2007, we booked another cruise (6 nights on the Jewel in December, 2007 with a balcony). They did not use my crown & anchor number on the booking, although they had it. I received a $100 discount (resident) and a $100 OBC I assume due to booking while on board), but nothing special (due to platinum member) that I could tell. Does that mean I should have gotten another $100 credit.

Deb

If they did not use your C & A number, you might still be entitled to the discount. It is not automaticaly added. When I booked my last cruise, the RCI sales rep had to transfer my call to the Crown and Anchor desk, and then they applied the discount.

You might want to give C & A a call and see if you can get an additional discount.

I read the FAQ and am interested for sure. It says I just have to give them my confirmation number and current statement confirming share ownership. If, after the credit is applied, and I sell my shares, would the credit be removed?? I mean, how would they know I sold them?

What's to stop someone from buying shares, getting the credit and then selling the shares? In my case, the credit is $250 as I'm going on a 14 day cruise. With my brokerage, I can buy and then sell for a total commission of only $50. Assuming I didn't lose or gain on the share price, I'd get a $200 net credit just for the effort. Is this correct?

Also noticed this: This benefit is offered exclusively to shareholders that directly own a minimum of 100 shares of Royal Caribbean

Cruises Ltd. at time of booking.

Will they still give me the credit if I buy the shares now considering I COULD cancel and rebook if need be?

I've read this question before and can't answer it since I wouldn't do it. I prefer to hang onto a good stock with more upwards potential - as we see it anyway.

If you cancel and rebook you would have to submit the proof of ownership again as far as I know.

As for your 4th cruise. You become platinum after 5 cruise credits. Unless you have been in a JS for at least one of your cruises, or you got the 2 credits somehow credited to your first cruise as some do, you won't be platinum until after your 5th cruise.

As for your 4th cruise. You become platinum after 5 cruise credits. Unless you have been in a JS for at least one of your cruises, or you got the 2 credits somehow credited to your first cruise as some do, you won't be platinum until after your 5th cruise.

I thought perhaps you got 2 credits for a 14 day cruise. :(

I thought perhaps you got 2 credits for a 14 day cruise. :(

Oh...I'm so sorry. I missed that part of your post. :eek: Actually, I think that I thought you meant you were going on a cruise IN 14 days and that you forgot to type that word. We see a lot of missed words around here - but no need on my part to fill in the imagined blanks. :)

Yes, you are very right. You WILL have 2 more cruise credits after that cruise. 14 days does get you an extra credit. You WILL be platinum after that cruise. In fact I had forgotten all about the extra credit when I booked my 2 transatlantics. I was thinking I'd get 2 credits for the JS but I will actually get 3 credits. Big FUN!

Now if I can just fit in one little cruise in a JS, at the end of my 2nd TA in two years I'll be diamond plus. :D

Thank you for reminding me of that extra credit. I've never done a cruise longer than 7 days and that completely slipped past me.

yippie!! I'm happy again.:) Platinum, here I come!

I also bought 100 shares of RCL today too. I've sent a note to the shareholderbenifit folks to see if I have to cancel and rebook, or if they'll apply the credit to my existing booking. The cruise is 14 Months away and wouldn't cost anything to cancel and rebook, so I'd think they would just apply it, but sometimes systems software and such prevent doing things the logical way.

yippie!! I'm happy again.:) Platinum, here I come!

I also bought 100 shares of RCL today too. I've sent a note to the shareholderbenifit folks to see if I have to cancel and rebook, or if they'll apply the credit to my existing booking. The cruise is 14 Months away and wouldn't cost anything to cancel and rebook, so I'd think they would just apply it, but sometimes systems software and such prevent doing things the logical way.

I'm sorry I made you temporarily sad. :( But glad you are happy again. :)

Just so you know, we bought our RCI stock after having two cruises booked. I faxed the statement with the dated proof of ownership and the 2 booking numbers. They applied it with no problem. I didn't even ask first. And I've already taken one of those cruises so I can verify that the credit indeed showed on our on board statement. :) There was no need to cancel and rebook.

It's really fun to move up the C&A ladder. Just remember that when you are waiting for your 10th cruise credit in order to turn diamond, you can go ahead and book a future cruise while still platinum. As long as you turn diamond before the day of departure you can call and they will give you the correct discount.

I booked my upcoming (next year) Panama Canal cruise last August while on the Enchantment which was my diamond cruise. The loyalty ambassador applied the Platinum discount at booking but as soon as the diamond credit showed in my account, I simply called RCI customer service and they made the appropriate adjustment to my discount - a full $300 off a balcony for a 10 night diamond discount. Yes, the discount increases with a 9 day cruise or more.

Have fun at your new C&A level. Even the on board discount coupons get better. Oh that's right, you will have fun no matter what...you are the fungirl. :D

I'm already planning my cruises for 2008. I want to wear my tiara next year.:D I'm really trying to live up to my screenname:D

We just became Platinum, too!:D Our next cruise is a CC Group Cruise booked through a TA. I hope we can get the balcony discount applied, too. It's a 9 day cruise, so I am looking forward to that discount. That, along with the RCI VISA credit I hope to apply would really help offset that JS I couldn't help but booK!;)

I'm already planning my cruises for 2008. I want to wear my tiara next year.:D I'm really trying to live up to my screenname:D

You are going to love the "new" Majesty of the Seas. I missed seeing the waterfalls in the Windjammer but the overall new look is so classy, that I can accept the lack of waterfall.

Wear your tiara proudly! ;)

I just became Platinum after my February Majesty cruise, which also makes my husband and two older kids Platinum (even though they didn't sail with me). We got the $100 balcony discounts for our upcoming Mariner cruise and will get the Platinum perks. I also signed my younger two up for the Jr. C & A - so hopefully by then, they will also be Platinum.

Hi Mommabean!

We will be platinum after our cruise in June. If we had been smart enough to add one more day to our cruise, we would have gotten double cruise credits! Oh well.. live and learn. How does the priority boarding work? We have a cruise schedule for March 2008 (and we will be platinum).

Archived