Adventure of the Seas Questions for RCCL Newbies

I'm so excited. We booked today during the one day sale to sail on AOS on June 3rd. We have sailed Carnival once before and thought we would be again. So all the research I've done has been focused on Carnival. We're excited to get to compare the 2 lines, but I feel like a new cruiser all over again.

Please tell us the big things we need to know about RCCL and AOS. For instance, where and how do you get tickets to the ice show (saw that mentioned in an earlier thread)? Is there somewhere we can find the menu online?

Any info you can give---including general tips/info on AOS or RCCL---would be great!

Thanks, and happy cruisin'!

Hi. Congrats on your first RCCL cruise! The ice show tickets are available in front of the ice rink at certain times and days. Just get there early, they go fast.

I don't about the menu's being posted online, but others may. The food is great! We have cruised AOS 3 times and are set for a September one.

You can get quite a bit of information from the website about the ship in general. The dining rooms are beautiful, named for the great composers Mozart, Vivaldi and Strauss.

There are two formal nights onboard, 2 casual and 2 semi-casual. There is a policy, regardless of what some choose to do of no jeans in the dining room for dinner. The two seatings early and late both have there advantages and disadvantages. It depends on what you like to do with your evenings or how early you need to get up for excursions.

The pools are always busy and the hot tubs too. There are two large hot tubs in the solarium area for adults only. At times they are pretty loose when it comes to enforcing that, but. . . . There is a pool there as well.

There is a cafe on the promenade deck open 24 hrs a day at sea. Great cookies and pizza and sandwiches. There are desserts from dinner too. As if you need more, right? There is a midnight buffet too.

Having only cruised RCCL, I am not sure what amenities other cruise lines offer or what the ships are like.

I am sure you will get lots of information here.

Enjoy!

They will announce when you should pick-up your ice show tickets. There are different times to do so for the different dining room seatings. The times will also be in your cruise Compass.

Archived