5 "Must Do's" On The Mariner...Keep In Mind I'm No Spring Chicken

-Miniature Golf

-Ice Show

-Promenade Cafe

-Check out the view from the Helicopter pad (Deck 4 all the way forward) and down into the bridge (deck 11 - I think)

-Sample liquor on the first day in the Promenade

Oh, one more, relax and enjoy a frozen cocktail (or in my case, several)! :)

Hubby and I are in our late 50's and both did rock climbing on FOS. Hubby also did the flowrider :eek: . Rock climbing is not that bad since your harnassed. Hubby made it up the wall and I made it about 3/4 up the wall. Hubby survived the flowrider and actually had a great time. I know everyone has differenct capabilities and different ideas on what is enjoyable. Just don't rule some of the fun things available on the ship out until you get there.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you both have a great time!:)

DayDreamer2, thanks for the encouragement about rock climbing, but unfortunately I have a lower back/hip issue, so I'm quite happy just being a spectator, but I'll bet you guys had a blast doing it !!!

We are taking our very first RCI cruise on the Mariner in April 08. My husband and I are both in our 50's.....so please....be kind (no rock climbing, etc).:o

Solarium

Hot Tubs

Cafe Promenade (the oatmeal raisin cookies are to die for:D )

Don't miss the Shows

Ice Show

Karaoke (can be very entertaining;) )

Most of all, have a wonderful time and enjoy...Mariner was our first Royal Caribbean ship and we have sailed her 3 times on the Eastern route...

Later, Jill:cool:

image.php?u=25407&type=sigpic&dateline=1176215136

I'm sorry to hear about your lower back and hip problem. There is plenty to do on the ship. You'll have to go to the "Quest' show. If I tell what it's about..it won't be as much fun. We laughed sooo... hard:p . It's one night only.

I'm sure you'll have a great time whatever you decide to do

First of all, just enjoy yourselves. We loved the ice show, don't miss the Quest, check your daily compass for the times for each, we enjoyed the Love and Marriage game, the Battle of the Sexes was pretty entertaining. The men won on our cruise. We also really enjoyed the late night sandwiches at the Cafe Promanade. The parades were nice. Karokee was good. All in all, you will have a great time no matter what you do or not do. You need to get tickets for the ice show, but they will annouce when they can be obtained and it will also be in the daily compass. Take a highlighter and highlight the activities you would like to do. Most of all, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

1. Try the Vidallia Onion Tart at dinner.

2. Get up early and take in the views as you get to the ports.

3. Go to the Ice Show. You WILL love it.

4. Hang out on the Promonade for any activities such as the parade.

5. Take a minute and appreciate the people that you are with:) .

Archived