Competition good for Oceania

dougiefresh

We'd been happy with Oceania, (3 cruises in '06) but now frustrated with the mad rush to try to book their cruises the first day the new trips come out. It's crazy, and then the "wait list" option etc. which we never go for). In a weird way they can get hurt by their own success, but I'm sure not so considered by the corporation. So we made a quick getaway back on Princess to the Caribbean last month, booked on the Tahitian Princess French Polynesia to Hawaii, another "R" ship) in Sept '07, Galapagos and Equador Celebrity 1/'08, and I booked the Black Sea July '08 on Regent (try to get on the one Oceania cruise to the black Sea, that's what really changed my strategy) Whether or not we ever go on the new Aza whatever line, I'm hopeful the new line will open up the "delux" (just below Luxury) category to competition with Oceania and therefore open up Oceania again to someone like me, that is make it so it's reasonably possibly to get on the ships without the mad scramble.

Dougiefresh, there is one outside cabin still available on the Nautica for the Black Sea departure on July 2, 2007. I was one of those who booked my cabin last year, the day the brochures came out, but you can still join us.

The same thing happened to me trying to book the Insignia 13 months before departure for a So American cruise. All I could get was a guarantee on O (which is not acceptable to me) so we're trying A on the updated Journey. While I will be surprised (pleasantly) if the food and service will be as good as O, who can tell.

Some routings are more popular than others so book up fast.

We didn't have any problem booking the Panama or Caribbean cruise but as we all know the Aus/NZ sold out quickly.

I guess the trick is to keep checking or waitlist for the cruise in case of cancellations.

Each line will have it's following.

Many Celeb passengers don't like the CCC dress code or the smoking policy.

We don't need fresh flowers, fruit basket everyday, a shoe shine, butler service etc...so we will stick with "O".

a fridge would be nice though!!:D

Maybe if enough of us ask for a fridge on this website, Mr. Del Rio will get the hint and have them put in the cabins. Why should the cheapest cabin on Carnival and Royal Caribbean have better amenities than this luxury line?

Maybe if enough of us ask for a fridge on this website, Mr. Del Rio will get the hint and have them put in the cabins. Why should the cheapest cabin on Carnival and Royal Caribbean have better amenities than this luxury line?

It's not a luxury line.

"It's not a luxury line."

In YOUR opinion!

It's not really my opinion - not even the line, themselves refer to them as luxury. I think it is a fantastic deluxe product. A luxury- not so much.

Archived