Boarding Time---AOS

As soon as the old passengers are off, they will allow boarding for the new passengers. What time is the AOS getting into port? You should be able to board about 4 hours after the ship starts debarking the old passengers.

We just got back from AOS a few weeks ago. We got to the pier at 11 a.m. and there was a fairly long line waiting to get in. They had not opened the doors yet so the line wasn't moving. They started letting people on about 11:20, and we were through security and on board by 11:40. I thought it was very efficient.

We just got back from AOS a few weeks ago. We got to the pier at 11 a.m. and there was a fairly long line waiting to get in. They had not opened the doors yet so the line wasn't moving. They started letting people on about 11:20, and we were through security and on board by 11:40. I thought it was very efficient.

AOS will be our first platinum cruise :D ... Does anyone know if, in fact, we will receive priority boarding there?? How does that work?

I'm surprised they didn't "suggest" boarding at 4pm. Ours say 5p as well. I've heard the muster is at 6pm. I am thinking there will be people still boarding when we muster. It'll be interesting to see. I'll let you know next week! We plan on boarding just after 12-12:30. I want the early birds ahead of me and well fed. I want to visit the Windjammer and go to our room <?ready 1-1:30> to drop things off! Yeah!

Karen

Thanks for the info. We leave on the AOS May 27 and our docs say boarding at 5:30. Our plane gets in at 9:45 and I wasn't looking forward to sitting around with our luggage for six or seven hours. Now if they would just move the ship to the old San Juan piers!

I just booked this ship for 4/20/08 - my first cruise as Platinum as well. I booked two AFT cabins. I was actually looking for someone who could fill me in on the advantages of an AFT cabin - never had one. RCI TA said they are better. I usually take an inside stateroom.

I know on most of my cruises I've been on board and eating lunch by 12:00ish.

I just booked this ship for 4/20/08 - my first cruise as Platinum as well. I booked two AFT cabins. I was actually looking for someone who could fill me in on the advantages of an AFT cabin - never had one. RCI TA said they are better. I usually take an inside stateroom.

I know on most of my cruises I've been on board and eating lunch by 12:00ish.

Coming up in a week I have a corner aft cabin...Looks great from pictures I have seen.

I will board the AOS and should be eating lunch around noon

We arrived @ 11:00, started the check-in process around 11:15 and due to delay @ immigration for departing passengers had to cool our jets until 12:45. We also were platinum at that time and were seated in a special section of plastic chairs :p about 5 feet away from our non-platinum friends in their plastic chairs.

We arrived @ 11:00, started the check-in process around 11:15 and due to delay @ immigration for departing passengers had to cool our jets until 12:45. We also were platinum at that time and were seated in a special section of plastic chairs :p about 5 feet away from our non-platinum friends in their plastic chairs.

thats funny about the chairs

• 2 weeks later...

I get the whole aft thing. Our balcony(1690) was as big as the room. We had 2 loungers and 2 chairs, 1 table! We liked the room 1688 better, but we liked 1690's balcony much better. Check your roll call and get to know the people around you that are aft. Great people know where to stay! We knew almost everyone on deck 10 aft last week! Fun week!

Karen

We were on the 5/6 sailing. We got there around 11:20 am & there were 150 people in front of us. Uncomfortable in hot, humid weather standing outside waiting about 15-20 minutes until the line moved. We were on by 11:50. but if I were going to do it again I'd say 11:30-12 is optimal. No, I'm not diamond or platinum, emerald or even gold. I'm just a poor slob who's gold with Celebrity and really enjoyed my 1st RCL.

If you can figure out a way to miss the muster drill that is an advantage. they do it while folks are still boarding & it is really hot & uncomfortable being in those lifevests outdoors with tons of people. I'd really consider boarding, then going back ashore for pina coladas & missing the drill.

Archived