Gold panning and Salmon Bake

telesaps

There is a company that advertises the Gold Creek Salmon Bake for $29.00 for adults and $19.00 for children. The website states that you can also pan for gold. Does anybody know if this is true and whether or not there is an extra charge? Thank you.

Same place we went.. it's been about 5 years but they had the pans there for gold panning and I don't recall paying extra... someone who has been there in the last year know if that changed??

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">Join CC's "Alaska Live in 2005 Adventure"..you'll have a "whale" of a good time!</font>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font SIZE="1">Days Till Royal Hounds Cruise on Mariner of the Seas...!</font>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<font SIZE="1">Days Till Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa</font>

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font>

• 2 years later...

Gold Creek runs a continous loop bus from the Juneau docks, purchase tickets at the dock booth. For a salmon bake resturant I like the Thane Ore House, they will shuttle with advance reservations. There are also salmon bakes in Fairbanks and Seward. There is one in Skagway, but conflicting reports that is has to be a ship tour???

We went to the Gold Creek Salmon Bake last year-- we are going again in 2 weeks as well. It was a fun afternoon. Good food, nice ambience, staff were friendly-- really relaxing w/ trees overhead, creek running alongside, firepit for roasting marshmallows BUT as to the panning for gold-- from what I recall-- unless there was another place to pan for gold that we missed-- the panning for gold consisted of walking up a pretty trail to where there was a small waterfall and then there was a 2x2 foot puddle of water contained by rocks and a few pans that my 2 yr old & husband played with for a few minutes & scooped up dirt & water. It wasn't like other panning for gold places we had been to where the kids then got to put a few flakes into a small flask & take home, etc-- but maybe there was a more formal panning for gold setup & we just missed it :)

OOPS almost forgot-- for the panning of gold that I described above & we did last year...... it was FREE:D

We booked (thru RCI ) the Salmon Bake and also booked gold panning...(billed as 2 separate excursions)..the gold panning is one of the 'guarantee gold in every pan' type of things...(cant wait to take home those little tiny flakes;) )...The Salmon Bake is at "GoldCreek"($36pp thru cruiseline), the Gold Panning is at "Last Chance Basin"($48pp thru cruiseline)...

Archived