CC to Sky Suite??

british betty

I can't speak for the Galaxy, but we have been in a Sky Suite on the Infinity. We did enjoy it very much, but I don't believe it is worth the extra money if the amount is significant. I would say if you can secure one for a few hundred extra dollars it may be worth it. You also have to factor in the length of the cruise.

I am not sure of the square footage of the Sky Suite on the Galaxy vs. the CC class staterooms, but on the Infinity, I think it was maybe 50 square feet bigger including the balcony. You can go to the Celebrity website and it will detail the layout and square footage of all the cabins. The butler was nice, but we didn't use him very much. Our cabin stewards have always been able to meet our needs sufficiently.

So I guess to summarize, if the cost differential is not significant, I would book the Sky Suite. If it is more than a few hundred dollars, I would not.

I hope this helps.

Happy Sailings,

Nancy

I also wanted to add, that oddly enough, with the exception of the butler, you actually get more amenities in the CC class cabin than the suites. For example, you don't get the CC breakfast menu (which is more extensive) in the suites, the fresh cut flowers, the pillow menu, etc. I can't remember if the towels were nicer/thicker in CC class than the suites, or the same.

Anyway, I have always thought it odd that the suites do not have these upgraded amenities.

Nancy

We moved from a CC class to a Sky Suite on the Infinity for a 14 day cruise, we wanted a tub and the slightly larger room, it was our firest suite on Celebirty. Overall for the price paid (thousands more), it was not worht the change. We have our next celebrity cruise booked in a CC class. I do not see where Celebrity gets off charging what they charge for essentially a mini suite. On our next 7 night Summit cruise, CC class was $1400pp, a Sky Suite $3200pp...crazy! I agree with the above poster that for a few hundred $$$'s more its worth it only for the larger bathroom and placement of the bed, but for some strange reasons the CC cabins acutally get better amenities (except for our useless butler). Why wouldn't suites get CC ammenities and more?

Suites are supposed to get ALL of the CC amenities as well as suite perks according to the Celebrity Brochure.

Well, I for one can tell you that they don't.

I will add that the Sky Suites are significantly larger on the older ships (Galaxy included) than on the M-class suites compared to CC cabins, so that may make it worthwhile to you.

We had a Sky Suite on Century and loved it. The CC cabins on Century would have been quite a bit smaller (the CC cabins on M-class are larger than on the Century). Anyway, we did miss not having the CC class amenities, though, especially the more extensive breakfast menu, since we eat breakfast on our balcony every morning. And I will add that the balcony on the Century (Deck 12) was enormous...142 sq. ft. But we paid only $150 more pp for the Sky Suite (5 night cruise), so to us it was worth it.

The Celebrity ship that we have been was the Galaxy (11/05) and stayed in a Sky Suite and enjoyed every minute of it. We were in 1204 and had a very large veranda. We had breakfast on the veranda several mornings of the 12-night cruise and were able to order anything that we wanted. We found that the coffee was much better than in the dining area as it was brewed differently. Many mornings we ordered just coffee prior to going to breakfast. We truly enjoyed the extra room (250 sq ft room and 145 sq ft veranda) as my husband does not like closed in spaces.

Well, I for one can tell you that they don't.

I will add that the Sky Suites are significantly larger on the older ships (Galaxy included) than on the M-class suites compared to CC cabins, so that may make it worthwhile to you.

We had a Sky Suite on Century and loved it. The CC cabins on Century would have been quite a bit smaller (the CC cabins on M-class are larger than on the Century). Anyway, we did miss not having the CC class amenities, though, especially the more extensive breakfast menu, since we eat breakfast on our balcony every morning. And I will add that the balcony on the Century (Deck 12) was enormous...142 sq. ft. But we paid only $150 more pp for the Sky Suite (5 night cruise), so to us it was worth it.

Thats odd? According to the celebrity brochure it clearly states includes ALL amenities of CC class PLUS the butler amenities?

Can anyone else comment on this? Anyone been SS on an M Class ship?

I have booked a ss and would be a bit miffed if I didnt get the amenties of concierge?

we have been in both a CC and a sky suite on the galaxy. Sky suite was so worth it to me. Huge difference in the two cabins. Also the sky suites on the sky deck of the Mercury and Galaxy have the best balconies ever. :D The sky suite was ALOT bigger then the CC and the full bath was so nice.

We did not have the CC amenities in the sky suite.

Thats odd? According to the celebrity brochure it clearly states includes ALL amenities of CC class PLUS the butler amenities?

Can anyone else comment on this? Anyone been SS on an M Class ship?

I have booked a ss and would be a bit miffed if I didnt get the amenties of concierge?

We had a Sky Suite on the Summit in Dec.'06. Just ask your butler for anything that you want (items on the CC menu)....including the delicious Chocolate

Brioche from the Cova Cafe. He will be happy to oblige...at least our butler was.

I decided that their title should really be "Food Pusher."

It has been our experience that if you want something (pillow, towels, robes, etc.) and they are available...the cabin personel will get them. All it takes is a polite request and a smile.

My husband reminds me that our balcony did not have a lounge chair (only uprights) and he asked Enrikee to get one for us and he DID.

To add one more thing...we do not care for the fruit that is typically served in the Suites....so...have had melon/and/or a cheese and cracker platter substituted....no problem.

Celebrity staff really wants you to enjoy yourself....so don't hesitate to make a smiling request.

Marilyn

Go for the suite and ask the butler for anything you want. It's worth it. I can tell you from last weeks experience on the Century that you DO GET everything they offer in CC and then some. Order from whatever menu you want to, fresh fruit, flowers, different pillows, dinner from the dining room menu, you name it. It's worth it, treat yourself and you be the judge or you will always be asking.

Jennifer

We had 5 Sky Suites on Century last month, and we were explicitly told that the CC amenities are not included for Sky Suite passengers. We didn't bother asking our butler for those things, but it would have been nice to have the CC breakfast menu. Our butler didn't even have one to give us, just the one that was kept in the Sky Suites. We did ask for extra pillows, which we received, but no pillow menu. No fresh flowers. No color change for bathroom linens (not that that is a big deal). We did get fresh fruit and daily canapes. The breakfast menu is the thing I missed most. Maybe a lot of people have complained and they've decided to give suite passengers the CC amenities also.

Every time I've been on Celebrity ships it has always been the same. If you are in a suite you can have anything they offer for breakfast, you don't even need the cc menu. you can have whatever you want for your afternoon apps, Shrimp,variety of cheeses, etc, just tell the butler. Forget the CC you can have whatever if they have it. It really is very lovely.

Thanks all.. we have had butlers on land vacations but never on the cruise, so this seems just like any butler level holiday we have had. Having had butlers before, (both good and hopeless) most of them have been like "fairy godmothers!"... all wishes granted :) Of course, we are nice to them all, respect them, and of course "look after" them..

Glad to know all is ok with our suite!

Thank you for re assurance :)

Archived