Will Celebrity honor a price reduction proir to final payment?

ldparker

If I book directly with Celebrity, via website, will they honor a published price reduction if it is offered before final payment? In other words, if Celebrity reduces the cost of my cabin catagory will they pass that savings along to me, assuming it all happens before final payment?

I guess the alternative would be to cancel the one booking and re-book at the reduced rate, but I would prefer to avoid that hassel.

Any experiences?

Thanks, David

We book with a TA and we have gotten price reductions even after final payment. I have heard of those who booked directly with Celebrity getting the price reductions also.

It has to be a price reduction in their published price on their web page - not a special that is for new bookings only like the Tuesday specials or a price that is from a travel agent who pre-booked a block of cabins or has a group price.

You must bring up the price change to Celebrity - they do not automatically reduce the price.

I have gotten several price reductions before and after final payment. Just check the Celebrity web site once a week and if you see a price reduction in your category, call Celebrity direct ( if you booked with them) and they will give you a credit toward final payment or if after final payment, they will give you a credit to your charge card. Price reductions sometimes only last a few hours, or a few days, so you must call while the reduction is posted on Celebrity web site.

Beth in Georgia

Hi,:) yes they will reduce the price. I booked Galaxy for next

year while I was on Mercury back in March.

The price dropped a couple of weeks ago and I called Celebrity.

They adjusted my price and emailed me a new copy of the invoice.

Archived