Questions regarding TP cruise - Cook Islands

joyride

Our August TP cruise is fast approaching, and I'm getting very excited. We were just on the Crown to Aruba and my DH bought a lovely Blue Zircon/Diamond ring for me - which I will get on the TP when we Renew our Vows for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. I'm feeling excited like a bride - but I don't have all of the pre-wedding stress going on! :):)

Anyway - here are my questions:

1. We went with Late dining and I'm hoping that it wasn't too big of a mistake. I'm sort of a night owl and usually liked to dine late when we did Traditional dining in the past. But, I guess in August it gets dark quite early. So, if we have late dining - will we be able to catch entertainment after dinner or before?

2. Formal Nights - the second Formal night is our actual Anniversary (8/20) the night leaving Bora Bora. Would you participate in Formal night, go to the Alternative restaurant, or do the Ultimate Blacony dinner???

3. Tara Vena Sunset Cruise - I really wanted to book this for our one evening in Bora Bora. We only have about 3 couples on our roll call that have expressed an interest - but maybe I could recruit more folks once on the ship. We went ahead and booked the Princess Sunset Sail excursion as an alternative. Is Tara Vena really that much better? Should I still try to make this happen?

4. Pre-cruise at IC Tahiti and Post Cruise at IC Moorea - I keep reading really mixed reviews on the IC Moorea. Should I switch it and just stay at the IC Tahiti post cruise too? We could still take the ferry over to Moorea for an extra day there...

5 . Roll Call - We have a roll call going for the 8/12 TP and only have about 4 or 5 couples - so if you are on this cruise - please join us!!!

I guess that's it for now. I think I have done everything right, we have booked Patrick in Tahiti, Marc In Huahine, Bruno in Raiatea, and in Bora Bora we are booked with Teiva, the Helmet Dive & the Sunset Tour, and last but not least - Dr. Poole Whale Watching in Moorea.

Am I missing anything??????

I will take question #3 and let you know that we sailed on the Tara Vana and it was a great evening. We felt like we owned our own catamaran, with only the couples in our CC group on board (gvre made all the arrangements for this, Thanks Richard). If you get enough couples together to make this cost effective for you, definitely grab the chance, it is one lovely sunset cruise.

Hi Joyride,

When did you set your reservation with Teiva on Bora Bora? I've emailed them about five times within the last couple of months and gotten no response. Did you book a long time ago? What email did you use? Please let me know when you can.

It sounds you have a great trip planned. We got October 1st. Be sure and write a trip report when you get back.

--Kathy

My last correspondence with Teiva was in December. I have a confirmation from him and other on our roll call have also booked with him.

I did read that recently he has not responded to emails. I'm wondering if he is having technical problems or something. If you look on the Pacific Islands Port of Call board - I had found some alternative ways to book Teiva through a local agent and I posted that contact info. there.

I really hope he comes through for us because we booked him to snorkel with the sharks & rays on our 25th Wedding anniversary morning. If he doesn't show, I will probably just grab something at the dock. I haven't made any kind of deposit with him, so I won't be out any $$$.

Toto - I REALLY want to go with Tara Vena - but we have one of those very small roll calls right now and I only have 3 couples who would like to do it... I have it reserved for now and haven't paid anything yet, so we will see...

Yes .

Look up HANA ITI.

Tom is the owner. An American he married Miss Huhaine and owns the HANA ITI.

They will be able to help you in events and know all the folks to go to do things well.

Why not Dive for Black Peals?;)

Bring me back a nice size one.

etc...

Diana Ross on her 50th rented his whole property!:cool:

Moorea - Huhaine,

Am I missing anything??????

We are only in Huahine for one day from 8-5 and we will be experiencing Marc's Motu Picnic that day - so no time to check out Hana Iti - which is basically a fancy resort that maybe we would want to stay at if we were the rich and famous.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway...

No it used to be a wonderful resort.

But a storm Alain hit and now a ghost of a place but what adventure you would have .

Toms FIL is the Largest Black Pearl Farmer in F P too.

So that why I suggested that for you to see and do things not many will be able and/or know about to do.:D

http://www.huahineisland.com/tosee/sights.html

We are only in Huahine for one day from 8-5 and we will be experiencing Marc's Motu Picnic that day - so no time to check out Hana Iti - which is basically a fancy resort that maybe we would want to stay at if we were the rich and famous.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway...

Wow, too bad the place got wiped out. It sounds like it was really somethng..

I guess we won't have time to check it out since we are already on a full day tour. But it is an interesting story...

Have a wonderful and fruitful time Maam.

The Polynesians are some of the most giving and caring people on earth.

Once you have been there ..since your going now.. your probably going back..

God Speed!:cool:

Wow, too bad the place got wiped out. It sounds like it was really somethng..

I guess we won't have time to check it out since we are already on a full day tour. But it is an interesting story...

1. We went with Late dining and I'm hoping that it wasn't too big of a mistake. I'm sort of a night owl and usually liked to dine late when we did Traditional dining in the past. But, I guess in August it gets dark quite early. So, if we have late dining - will we be able to catch entertainment after dinner or before?

quote]

Hi Joyride,

We took a similar cruise in 2003 and got late dining. Personally that's much too late for me to eat, but I'd do the same thing if I had it to do over again. When I think of all the beautiful sunsets I would have missed otherwise, there is no way I'd take early seating. We only went to one show if I remember correctly, and I think the entertainment for late seating was usually scheduled after 10pm. Occasionally they had something at 7. Most nights we couldn't even stay awake for dinner because we took 2 excursions on every island so we were pretty wiped out! We celebrated our 20th on that cruise and it was the best trip we've had to date. I hope you have a great anniversary and a wonderful trip. Congratulations! In my opinion there is no better way to spend an anniversary. Brenda

Are you sure that UBD is only on sea days? We just did it on the Crown and it was the day we were in Grenada. Of course, we only had one true at sea day on that itinerary.

Are you saying that they only do them on sea days on the TP? I know one of my fellow roll call friends is planning to do the UBD on the first night we are anchored in Bora Bora.

Could someone clarify this?

Brenda - thanks for your insight. I think we will be OK with late dining, I don't want to miss the photo opps during all of the sunsets! I knew there was a reason I went with late dining way back when we first booked!! :)

Are you sure that UBD is only on sea days? We just did it on the Crown and it was the day we were in Grenada. Of course, we only had one true at sea day on that itinerary.

Are you saying that they only do them on sea days on the TP? I know one of my fellow roll call friends is planning to do the UBD on the first night we are anchored in Bora Bora.

Could someone clarify this?

Brenda - thanks for your insight. I think we will be OK with late dining, I don't want to miss the photo opps during all of the sunsets! I knew there was a reason I went with late dining way back when we first booked!! :)

No, I am not sure. This is why I stated "usually". My comment is based on what the literature and folks on board have told me.

Regardless, it does not hurt to ask when you dial D I N E to make the reservation. Please let us know to set the record straight.

Archived