Zaandam ?

Jimjam

I don't see any reviews or even comments about cruising on the Zaandam. Will be sailing on the Zaandam in October and will appreciate any comments from previous cruisers.. Our cabin 6212. Thanks.

There was a huge report from the Voyage of the Spammed last October. It was a CC group cruise and many of us contributed to the thread.

Bottom line---we had a ball. It was a beautiful ship, wonderful service, and a few problems that were corrected. Quite literally, the earth moved for us. :rolleyes:

Couldn't ask for anything more. :)

My very first cruise was on the Zaandam in late Feb. 2004. The ship was pretty (though not as pretty as the RCI ships I have been on since), the food was very good, and the service was excellent. However, my overall impression of the cruise was marred by one thing that was HAL's fault - engine problems that kept us from arriving at our first port (Tortola) until ~ 3 p.m., when we were supposed to have arrived in the morning. The seas were also rough for about the first 24 hours after leaving Port Canaveral, and I was cruising with my 77-year-old mother (never again!). Neither was the fault of HAL, but they still influenced my feelings about the cruise. I haven't booked another HAL cruise since then - although I am interested in the Veendam to Alaska in 2008 because I like its itinerary.

• 1 month later...
I don't see any reviews or even comments about cruising on the Zaandam. Will be sailing on the Zaandam in October and will appreciate any comments from previous cruisers.. Our cabin 6212. Thanks.

My husband and I sailed on the Zaandam in mid Feb. of this year on the 15 day Hawaii and we loved every minute of it. We liked it so much, we are headed back out on the Zaandam Oct. 1st to the Mexican Riviera. People were nice, food was wonderful, service was excellant and the ship is not so big that you have to wait in long lines as in other cruise lines.

We, too, will be sailing on the Zaandam October 1. We sailed on her last September to Alaska and had a wonderful time.

It's been years since we were in Acapulco and Cabo so we're really looking forward to sailing down that way this fall.

Archived