Anyone Just Off Mercury -- Alaska??

jellens

I was really hoping someone would respond to this thread. I've got a few questions that I need answered before our cruise.

Will you guys report back when you return???

Specifically I'd like to know if you make all the port time according to what has been shown and which nights are the formal ones?

Have a wonderful trip (I'm green with envy :p )

I do believe you were at the Captains table the first formal night, and I was there at the second formal night..

Ah!!! Memories........

Have a great trip!! Sorry we won't be able to join you, but we're doing it in 09 with John's sister and husband as a 50th B-day for her ;) .

To the rest of the posters......It was a GREAT trip, SO much to do and see, and not enough time in the day to do it all....Its definetely a cruise worth repeating...And Merc. is the BEST!!!

Dave:eek:

Whoops.......upon further reflection, there are 2 formal nights. I think the second one is probably Day 5, Hubbard Glacier because Day 6 is Ketchikan and sailaway is at 8:30pm.

Hi Ali, I was wondering about that one formal night;)

I was on her last May...actually it was exactly one year

ago today I was in Seattle and on 5-17-06 I took that

cruise to magnificant Alaska:) It was breathtaking.

Actually, the cruise I was on made National News......it

was the cruise where the Capt was dismissed on the day

we sailed:rolleyes:

And we still had 2 formal nights:)

Hi Dave, I agree Mercury is fantabulous:D

We took the first cruise on Mercury after leaving dry dock in SF on May 20th out of SF to Vancouver. ALL the cabins have new bedding which is very nice, but not all the staterooms had the new bedspreads, ours did though, Cabin 1201, CC. Our cabin stewart said they had them on board and were still in the process of replacing. I found our old one under the bed when putting our suitcases there. They were still working on the rear cabins which will be FV cabins, I went in them and they appear to be about 75% completed. They had the Grand Opening of the new shops towards the end of our cruise, but not all were open, some still under construction. The new teak type decking was still un the process at the pool and the dining room chairs that were supposed to have been replaced never happened. I've taken cruises on ships before that just came out of dry dock and this is pretty typical. In fact, we leave on May 27th on the Infinity out of Vancouver which is coming out of dry dock that week. Have a great cruise......Dan

We took the first cruise on Mercury after leaving dry dock in SF on May 20th out of SF to Vancouver. ALL the cabins have new bedding which is very nice, but not all the staterooms had the new bedspreads, ours did though, Cabin 1201, CC. Our cabin stewart said they had them on board and were still in the process of replacing. I found our old one under the bed when putting our suitcases there. They were still working on the rear cabins which will be FV cabins, I went in them and they appear to be about 75% completed. They had the Grand Opening of the new shops towards the end of our cruise, but not all were open, some still under construction. The new teak type decking was still un the process at the pool and the dining room chairs that were supposed to have been replaced never happened. I've taken cruises on ships before that just came out of dry dock and this is pretty typical. In fact, we leave on May 27th on the Infinity out of Vancouver which is coming out of dry dock that week. Have a great cruise......Dan

I think you meant APRIL 20th...not May. We were on the April 27th cruise, and did have one the of aft cabins, with the new balconies. They were still working on our cabin on embarkation day, but finished up later in the afternoon. The mattresses and bedding were all new, and just great. The shops were new, and had expanded their usual goods. A specialty jewelry shop (beautiful items), and a shop that specialized in cosmetic items, that weren't originally stocked by Celebrity. Some nice new lines.

Karyn

Whoops.......upon further reflection, there are 2 formal nights. I think the second one is probably Day 5, Hubbard Glacier because Day 6 is Ketchikan and sailaway is at 8:30pm.

That's what I was thinking it would be, I was just hoping for a confirmation. If it's not on a sea day then we more than likely won't be attending 1 of the formal nights :( because I'm not giving up port times for our early seating :mad: (I did NOT want early seating but was out voted!)

Lois and Dave - I've read all of your reviews and comments and I just know we're going to love Mercury as much as both of you do!!! We had 2 great cruises on her sister Century (2001 & 2003) and just cannot wait to get onboard! (36 days and counting :D )

Thanks all for the great information!

I think you meant APRIL 20th...not May. We were on the April 27th cruise, and did have one the of aft cabins, with the new balconies. They were still working on our cabin on embarkation day, but finished up later in the afternoon. The mattresses and bedding were all new, and just great. The shops were new, and had expanded their usual goods. A specialty jewelry shop (beautiful items), and a shop that specialized in cosmetic items, that weren't originally stocked by Celebrity. Some nice new lines.

Karyn

You are right Karyn, I meant April 20th. As far as the FV cabin you were in, is the bed actually against the wall? That was the one thing I didn't care for when I peaked in at them while they were being worked on? We have a FV cabin on the Infinity next week (5/27) and they don't seem to be that way. This will be our first FV cabin, wondering how it is being at the stern of the ship with a verandah facing aft......Dan

Just curious if you know who the Cruise Director and Cellar Master were on your cruise, and also if you know if they will be staying on ship through this summer's Alaska Season.

We were also on the 4/20 RT cruise. Jeff was the cruise director. Don't know who the cellar master was.

Archived