Passport- Ecuador- HELP!

NDRB

A friend of mine wil be leaving with us Friday for Quito to take Celebrity's Expedition cruise in the Galapagos.

The only problem is that she has less than 6 months before her passport expires, and in reading Celebrity's cruise documents it states that the Ecuadorian govenment requiere greater than six months to be reamining on one's passport?

Any ideas as to whether this 6 month requirement will be enforced, and if so, how can she receive a renewed passport within 24 hours?

Thanks!

Nina

If you live near a major city, your friend can try to make a "walk-in" appointment for an overnight passport renewal. There is a special phone number to call, and you make an appointment and then bring in your forms, your money, and your passport. There are 13 of these offices in the US, you can find information about them at

http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_913.html

I've used the San Francisco office twice, and both times I got my passport back within two days. The first time was a rewnewal -- I was going to the Czech Republic and had two months left on my passport but needed to have six months. I called the Czech consulate to ask if I'd have any problems since I was only going to be in their country for 5 days, and they told me I really needed to have at least six months left on my passport.

The second time was when I realized I was out of empty pages so there was no place for anyone to stamp my passport, so I went in for extra pages.

Good luck!

Archived