besides right at pier--good hotel with bayview

dustyroad

i am looking for a good, clean somewhat inexpensive hotel in vancouver that i will be able to see any ships, boats or just be able to walk around the shore that would be close on the bay. it will be for one night only ( pre-cruise nite ) so i dont want to spend a fortune on the room. any help is appriciated.

thanks so much

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

thanks budget queen. this time i am taking a good friend who has always dreamed of cruising like i did untill i took my first cruise last sept. now i am hooked. i want her too have a wonderful time. myself also. we are going to be on the same ship and do the inside passage just like i did last year. i really want to have a good, clean hotel downtown for our pre-day in the city. i have plenty of time to do some research and come up with a terrific hotel to stay at. we also have to pick out a hotel in seattle for a night. this will also be my project--to find a nice hotel there also. i will keep surfing the net and ''do the best hotel hunt''''. dusty icon_biggrin.gif

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Budget Queen is correct about finding an inexpensice hotel in Vancouver, Priceline is the only way you will find a hotel that doesn't cost two arms and a leg icon_eek.gif. I bid $65.00 Monday and got the Hyatt Regency with an ocean/mountain view. Go for it!!!

Vision of the Sea/ Alaska Northbound

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;9;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Stayed at the Renaissance once - it is just a few blocks from Canada Place and is on the water (at least some of the rooms face the water). We woke up early and watched the ships come in.

It really doesn't have a shore to walk around - I believe I walked down there and it was sort of industrial looking.

Archived