Alaska in 10 more days!!!

queeng

I have been devouring all the information on this site. It has been so helpful. We are taking our first cruise in 10 days! Dawn Priness in ALaska We are doing a land tour first. I think I have it pretty much together. I have loved all the planning . My hubby thinks I am nuts. I have read about hard beds what about pillows? I used to make fun of a friend who always brought her own pillow when she came to visit but now I am not so sure (or so young haha). It would be a bummer to have a sore neck for 2 weeks.

I am confused about the bag tags too. We are leaving from home ,Kona HI, to Sf to Seattle to Fairbanks. Princess sent bag tags (Blue & White) and tags that go on when we get to the ship. Do I put the tags on before we leave here? Do I put our home address or where we are going? I also make copies of our itinerary. Do I put that inside the bag or in the outside pocket or where? Am I stessing to much or just being a good planner? hahah

Thanks in advance for feedback

Ginger

Hi queeng! Have to admit, if I can't be on a cruise I would be in a condo at Waikoloa! We were on the Dawn in April. I had heard the horror stories about the beds, but have to admit to sleeping better on the ship that I do at home. General Max gave you the info about the tags. I always make copies of our itinerary and put them inside each of our bags in case they get lost. My DH thinks I am a little obsessive about cruising, but then, I only have 11 months and 30 days until our trip to Alaska! Which of the cruisetours are you taking? Hope to hear about it when you return! Have a great time!

Sue

I too highly recommend that you claim your own bags in Fairbanks and account for them- THEN put on the cruiseline tags. If they don't make it - you will be way farther ahead tracking them then if you don't miss them until your first night. :)

Thanks for the advice. I will gladly take it. We are doing 1 night in Fairbanks, 1 night at Princess wilderness lodge, 2 nights at Mckinley then on to Whittier to catch the cruise. Since it is our first real vacation and we are novice travlers we wanted to go with a preplanned thing. Next time who knows!

Sue I am glad you love the Big Island too. I work at the Mauna Lani Spa right down the hill from Waikaloa.

Queeng, the Mauna Lani is beautiful - how I envy you! We were up at Paniolo Greens and loved falling asleep to the trades whistling through the trees on the course!

We will be at the Fairbanks, Denali, McKinley, and Kenai Princess next year. I hope you will let us know what you think of them - the Princess lodges seem to get mixed reviews! Can't wait to hear about your trip! Have a great time! You will love it!

Sue

Archived