Budget Queen and Host Caroline - Mail Ferry?

telesaps

I was reading a topic from a year or two ago in which both of you posted about a mail ferry? I can't find it, and was wondering if you remember what it is and whether it is still operating? Thank you.

Colleen

We went with Taquan Air.. it was a great way to spend the day.. met a lot of nice folks hopping off and on between logging camps etc. and the scenery was incredible.. definitely recommend this as something unique and a way to really see some of the area that most tourists don't see and a way of life that is pretty amazing.

:::Thinking after my long work-grind day, chillin' out on a floating log camp doesn't look like too bad a way to live for a while...::::

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">Join CC's "Alaska Live in 2005 Adventure"..you'll have a "whale" of a good time!</font>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font SIZE="1">Days Till Royal Hounds Cruise on Mariner of the Seas...!</font>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<font SIZE="1">Days Till Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa</font>

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font>

Thank you to both of you. It sounds fun and unique - just the kind of thing I'd like. However, I just discovered it is out of Ketchikan, where we are already booked with Northern Lights for salmon fishing. I am discovering that I can't fit everything in and will have to come back in a few years!

Colleen

Also for clairfication- IF Host hasn't been to Alaska in a few years- the Taquan she flew with is NOT the same now operating. The former Taquan is now Southeast Aviation. The Taquan name was sold to the now owners. But they are still doing the cargo runs.

I've been to Alaska recently but did this tour in 1999??? and the company had not been sold then but regardless of the "formalities" it's a great, unique "tour" and you guys will enjoy it when you return for your second cruise (it's like chips, can't do just one) icon_wink.gif

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">Join CC's "Alaska Live in 2005 Adventure"..you'll have a "whale" of a good time!</font>

I called Taquan just yesterday from a link one of you had posted. They answered "Taquan" I believe. But in any event, this sounds like a FUN excursion! I REALLY want to do this one, it is so unique, and I think seeing where and how the locals live would be so interesting. However, the big drawback is that during the summer months it leaves at 6:30 a.m. we don't get off the ship until 8:00 a.m. If anybody knows of some other company doing this, let me know. I searched under "bush pilots" but nothing like this came up.

They have changed it then, we had choice of early (probably 6:30 or so) or later (10:00) flight.. We were gone about 4-1/2 to 5 hours. Their website says to check for "scheduled departure times" - odd that they only have one! Maybe call them back or email to see if you can check closer to departure, or if they know anyone that you can check out with later departure time?????

Host Caroline

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font SIZE="1">Days Till Royal Hounds Cruise on Mariner of the Seas...!</font>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<font SIZE="1">Days Till Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa</font>

Archived