Family JUST BACK from Azamara Journey--Rave Reviews

RCCLCARIB

Attached below is an e-mail sent to me by my family who are finishing up their cruise tomorrow on the Azamara Journey.

I thought this demonstrated how the new cruise line makes its first great impressions on people who have never cruised with Azamara before.

--------

Dear *****

We are at sea today and will be arriving tomorrow at Cape Liberty to finish our grand cruise to Bermuda. We arrived last Saturday to find a very relaxed and refined atmosphere upon check-in and boarding.

We were welcomed onboard by the high ranking officers and staff, who asked us if we needed directions or assistance to our suite on deck 8.

We booked a Suite, which I believe is one of the better suites onboard the ship. It is very spacious, luxurious, and has a wonderful aft facing veranda with deck chairs and tables. Very Nice!

As for the service and food, I think it is better than our last cruise on Oceania when we went to Greece with Nancy and Bob. Although I do think that there is still work to be done in really making Azamara sophisticated, there are visible steps in making sure the cruise line doesn't cut corners that makes the cruise experience on the Journey a memorable one.

Like I said, the service has been superb, including the butler service in the cabin along with the extra amenities involved with being in a Suite.

Food, in both the Dining Room (which is open seating for a change) and the 2 specialty restaurants (Prime C and Aqualina) rival any of the finest restaurants and sea and at home in New York City.

As for the ship, I am very surprised in the detail, money, and time Celebrity/Azamara Cruises has put into this ship. The Captain said that it was just over $20 million dollars put into the refurbishment of the ship. As mentioned before, it is noticeable and adds to the classy cruise experience.

I do know you asked me to compare it to Oceania and Crystal, and I must say that I am finding more similarities than differences. For example, the butler services is very nice, but not out of the ordinary when you purchase a Suite of this size. The one item that does stand out as excellent is the variety of choices to eat, as well as the plush accommodations with a modern atmosphere on an older ship. This, out of all the other great things onboard this ship, is bound to make people loyal to Azamara.

Bermuda has been grand, as always, and we are getting ready to book Asia on Azamara when it becomes available. I think we have transitioned our loyalty from Oceania to Azamara. (Can't believe I am saying this!!)

You all should come onboard next time we go out of Cape Liberty, as I think Celebrity has created an up and coming premier cruise line.

Anyways, give my love to the family and we will talk tomorrow morning.

Take Care:

----------------------

I thought that those of you who are interested in Azamara would enjoy this great review. Does this sound in keeping to what you experienced??

As time goes on, each cruise will be better than the previous one. And Celebrity has the skill and deep pockets to make this a true "deluxe" experience. I'm sure being in one of the large aft suites (Owner's Suite on Oceania) helps, too.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the e-mail from your family with us. We never had any doubt that things on this sailing would improve a lot compared to the first sailing, but I am sure this post will make the people on the next sailing feel a lot better.

The more we read and the more pictures we see, the more excited we get about our sailed on Quest next year.

Astrid

thank you for posting. very happy to hear this news. leaving on the journey 6/23. very excited can't wait!!

Hi Corona !

Have a great time on Journey. Enjoy !

Larry...my wife and I were reading this string thinking the same thing. Interestingly, when I spoke with an Azamara representative a few days ago they were VERY aware of all the Cruise Critic posts and were citing a few of them...Hmmmmmmmm???? My wife and I were laughing while reading this post and thought the same thing you did.

I promise everybody to post a detailed review after our May 26th sailing.:confused:

Jeff

I have never said this or felt this about any post I've read on CC in the 7 years I've been reading hear but...at the risk of sounding like one of those paranoid cruisecritic junkies, I have to agree with the other posters.

That "review" sounds fishy. No detail, written like a brochure caption.

Does this sound like the company mission statement or what? :confused: "The one item that does stand out as excellent is the variety of choices to eat, as well as the plush accommodations with a modern atmosphere on an older ship. This, out of all the other great things onboard this ship, is bound to make people loyal to Azamara."

Hi everyone, and all you cynics...my parents are boarding Journey today, so I will be able to give you full accounting of what they see and hear and experience on this week's run to Bermuda. Mom & I have cruised Celebrity four or five other times, the most recent being on Summit through the Panama Canal just a month ago.

Mom said she'd call me after they boarded but before they sailed, I've started another thread to track their experiences. But anyway, I will do my best to get the most accurate accounting of what is going on as I can. Only problem is, I don't think their cell phone works in Bermuda (it didn't when we went last year), so it might be a week before I get the full story, but I will do my best to ask Mom & Dad for all the details and will report them back on Cruise Critic.

I think I'm nearly as excited as they are!

Not to be cynical but the email read like a cruise company shill wrote it.

I hope not

So you think that after 600-plus normal-sounding posts the OP suddenly decided to show his true colors as a company shill? Man, talk about deep cover!

If his relative had returned saying his life was ruined because he couldn't get afternoon tea, would that be more believable?

Lisa

I hate to be a pessimist but half way through the e-mail I thought this sounds more like a sells pitch than an e-mail to a family member describing the fun they are having on their cruise.

Strange that so many of us that are looking for good news are skeptical.

I do know you asked me to compare it to Oceania and Crystal, and I must say that I am finding more similarities than differences. For example, the butler services is very nice, but not out of the ordinary when you purchase a Suite of this size. The one item that does stand out as excellent is the variety of choices to eat, as well as the plush accommodations with a modern atmosphere on an older ship. This, out of all the other great things onboard this ship, is bound to make people loyal to Azamara.

Bermuda has been grand, as always, and we are getting ready to book Asia on Azamara when it becomes available. I think we have transitioned our loyalty from Oceania to Azamara. (Can't believe I am saying this!!)

I am glad they had a good time considering the last cruise.

I find it amusing though that since AZAMARA is almost a replica of Oceania how they can differentiate...

Very similar soft goods, same ships, etc...

It figures the die hard negative folks would find SOMETHING wrong with this post. It just couldn't be real....

The OP, RCCLCARIB, has a profile. Perhaps if you click on it and take a good look at the long list of threads started by the poster, you will understand the cynicism.:rolleyes:

So, if I end up posting a positive well-written review based on my mom's reports, are you all going to turn on me too and accuse me of being a shill? :cool::p

I don't see why you are picking apart post #1. He/She posted remarks from family member to family member, this was not a review as would be written directly to CC. Give this passenger a chance to write her own review and more specific comments. After all this was just an update to a family member!!! Now, sit back and relax until you hear an actual review from the "horse's mouth" :rolleyes:

So, if I end up posting a positive well-written review based on my mom's reports, are you all going to turn on me too and accuse me of being a shill? :cool::p

I won't, I really hope you don't change your mind we want to hear her opinions.

Pat

A reader needs to watch out for two types of posts on these boards. Some TAs and cruiseline "advocates" will post dramatically favorable comments about a particular cruiseline and/or try to control a thread, through intimidation or ridicule, so that unfavorable comments about a line are minimized. At the other end, individuals with an ax to grind or "advocates" of competitors may post very "picky" criticisms of a ship or cruise or very harsh total condemnations of a line, a cruise or a cruise procedure. I try to disregard both extremes and look for opinions in the middle. I think there lies the truth.

I have never said this or felt this about any post I've read on CC in the 7 years I've been reading hear but...at the risk of sounding like one of those paranoid cruisecritic junkies, I have to agree with the other posters.

That "review" sounds fishy. No detail, written like a brochure caption.

Does this sound like the company mission statement or what? :confused: "The one item that does stand out as excellent is the variety of choices to eat, as well as the plush accommodations with a modern atmosphere on an older ship. This, out of all the other great things onboard this ship, is bound to make people loyal to Azamara."

That's an interesting thought. I also see that there is no response from RCCLCARIB. You might be on to something.

Archived