a weather question -- Eastern Med in July

OK, silly question time, but I've got to ask: We will be cruising this summer out of Rome to Greece, Egypt, Turkey, Cypress. I know the summer temps in these places will be brutally hot. I'm just wondering about the evenings at sea. Should I take up precious room in my suitcase with a sweater? Or are evenings just balmy but still hot?

Thanks for your help.

OK, silly question time, but I've got to ask: We will be cruising this summer out of Rome to Greece, Egypt, Turkey, Cypress. I know the summer temps in these places will be brutally hot. I'm just wondering about the evenings at sea. Should I take up precious room in my suitcase with a sweater? Or are evenings just balmy but still hot?

Thanks for your help.

I think you hit it on the nail with your last sentence. I have never taken a sweater with me to the Med in July. In fact I stopped going in July because it was too hot for me then. In July the evenings are usually nice onshore, but I have not cruised in July but I would imagine the eveinings would be the same on board. In fact the breeze on the ship would probably be an advantage. We are off to the Med next month so I will at least find out how end of June is

In the Med you do not need a sweater, but you may want a light cotton cover up against the sun when you are outside.

I got too cold in the ship dining room in the evening, I would take a stroll outside to warm up. I am taking a couple of shawls with me this year.

Archived