Has it happened to you?

I booked my cruise with a local TA that my mother uses a lot, I've used her before and she's been competant enough. This time however, she seem preoccupied with other things, I had to contact RCI for my booking number, I had to remind her about travel insurance, and now another mistake. I wanted to register for a M&M, so with my booking number (thanks RCI!) I logged in to find my middle name spelled wrong. This is after I read her my name aloud, spelled it, and she had my info on file from my honeymoon last year.

I'm worried about how hard it will be to change this, especially since i got an air/cruise package from another company. My TA is on vacation for 3 weeks, and her supervisor won't be in until Tuesday. Has anyone had to go through changing their name? Is it like an air ticket, you have to cancel and rebook? I am not happy. :(

No it should be no big deal to change the name, you don't have to cancel or anything. They also made a mistake with my kids name and it was a two second phone call but I had booked through RCL. Call on tuesday and after the change have the TA email you a copy of your reservation so that you can double check everything.

Just a phone call is all that is necessary. I got married after I booked a cruise and had to change the surname on the booking, after it was paid for in full. As long as your passport and ID show the correct spelling, ..should be no problem. :)

The TA has to make the call if you booked through her. I had this happen. Amazing how they won't deal with the passenger for just a name change! LOL....Oh well, it's simple enough and you'll be fine! :D

I agree with everyone, no big deal to have the name corrected. Not just TA make mistakes on reservations. I booked directly through RCI and found three errors on my confirmation email including my name, address and C&A number. The woman I dealt with was also talking to someone near her at the same time and was paying very little attention to my reservation. I hope they don't work on commission because I should have hung up and called back.

The TA has to make the call if you booked through her. I had this happen. Amazing how they won't deal with the passenger for just a name change! LOL....Oh well, it's simple enough and you'll be fine! :D

Lovely, but at least its safe. Now to find out about the plane ticket....

Thanks everyone!

I booked my cruise with a local TA that my mother uses a lot, I've used her before and she's been competant enough. This time however, she seem preoccupied with other things, I had to contact RCI for my booking number, I had to remind her about travel insurance, and now another mistake. I wanted to register for a M&M, so with my booking number (thanks RCI!) I logged in to find my middle name spelled wrong. This is after I read her my name aloud, spelled it, and she had my info on file from my honeymoon last year.

I'm worried about how hard it will be to change this, especially since i got an air/cruise package from another company. My TA is on vacation for 3 weeks, and her supervisor won't be in until Tuesday. Has anyone had to go through changing their name? Is it like an air ticket, you have to cancel and rebook? I am not happy. :(

To heck with changing the "name mistake"......

You need to change the T.A. mistake!!

If you're talking about your Mariner cruise that is still 210 days out....

What I would do is cancel the whole booking, fire the T.A., and rebook direct through RCI and use your Crown and Anchor status to your benifit.

That way you won't be worrying about what else is going to slip through the cracks and being stuck where you can't do anything about it. (Pretty frustrating feeling, isn't it???)

I agree with everyone, no big deal to have the name corrected. Not just TA make mistakes on reservations. I booked directly through RCI and found three errors on my confirmation email including my name, address and C&A number. The woman I dealt with was also talking to someone near her at the same time and was paying very little attention to my reservation. I hope they don't work on commission because I should have hung up and called back.

Hello Really, have a question and have read alot of messages regarding, TA or direct with RCCL or any Cruise lines. I have booked with my TA for our last 3 Cruises without a problem, over the past 8 yrs. Is booking direct really any better then thru your TA. Or as the saying goes, if it isn't broke, don't fix it . <g>

Hello Really, have a question and have read alot of messages regarding, TA or direct with RCCL or any Cruise lines. I have booked with my TA for our last 3 Cruises without a problem, over the past 8 yrs. Is booking direct really any better then thru your TA. Or as the saying goes, if it isn't broke, don't fix it . <g>

I am not really, but it sounds like you have a good TA, and unfortunately not all are. Many have very limited hours, don't return calls, don't honor price drops, etc. If you have a good one who fits your needs and is there for you then stick with them.

We booked a Disney vacation last year through a TA and while we had a great vacation, some of the information she provided was incorrect. I actually did go to the same agent again this year and asked for info on DCL and RCI. I then started doing my own research and found much more information here then she has ever provided me, so I booked directly. The woman I had was awful but the man that corrected everything reviewed everything in the computer and was excellent. The woman I spoke to when I called about my price change was also excellent. I would book direct again unless I can find a TA that is competent.

I am not really, but it sounds like you have a good TA, and unfortunately not all are. Many have very limited hours, don't return calls, don't honor price drops, etc. If you have a good one who fits your needs and is there for you then stick with them.

Hello Sue, my TA will even email me with Specials and I have both email address's, her office and home. I may add, I compliment her whole office. Any emails to her office, goes to the other computer terminals. I guess unless something drastically happens i will stay with her. We had a large group on 1st cruise going out so office provided a Bus to transport and pick us up. Thank you for you input.

Archived