Question about Oli's Trolley

lkmamom

For those that have taken the tour on Oli's Trolley......there are two tours offered, do you recommend the one hour tour and then do Acadia National Park on your own or do you recommend the 2 1/2 hour tour all on Oli's Trolley? Thanks so much for your help!:)

Linda

I am hoping that you will share your thoughts faye after you visit Bar Harbor! I sounds like (at least to me) that the Oli's Trolley 2 1/2 hr tour is the way to go if one also considers the fee to get into the park. I am thinking that will be the direction that we go. I would still be very appreciative of any help that anyone has to offer. Thanks

Linda

We will be in Bar Harbor this fall on a New England cruise. It looks to me like Bar Harbor is one of those ports that is easily done on your own, without doing any cruise ship excursions.I like the sound of the Oli's trolley, but on the "free" bus you are able to hop on and off as you please. I would also love to hear from someone who has done them both.

Last year we did Oli's trolley, the 2 1/2 hr tour. Wonderful. Highly recommend it. Now only one advice; when you get off of the ships tender there is a little walk up to where the trollies are located. If someone has a wheelchair or trouble walking it can be a little difficult as the street you go up is slightly uphill. I would say that a normal walk would be about 5-10 minutes depending on how fast you walk. I highly recommend the tour. They make many stops to taking photo's.

Marilyn

You are the greatest Marilyn......that is exactly what I wanted to know!:) It just seemed like in 2 1/2 hours there would not be enough time to stop for pictures. Thanks for the tip about the walk to meet the trolley. From their website, I got the impression that it would be right there when we got off of the tender.

This is why i love these boards so much. I am the kind of person (type A :rolleyes: ) that likes to know what i am doing before I get there.

Thanks again!

Linda

Are the trolley's comfortable? How many people do they hold? They look small am I right (which would make it faster for people to get off and on).

Also, is there really a need to book in advance? I've contacted them about our fall cruise and they want a credit card number. Thanks,

Tammy

Ilkamom the office for the trolley's is right at the pier but the trolley's are in town as I said in the other post.

Sprinkles, I think they hold about 25-30, not sure about that. Seats are fairly comfortable as comfortable can be I suppose. Our roll call people took up most of the trolley as we all went together. It is a very, very popular excursion so I would make a reservation if it was me.

Marilyn

In the 2 1/2 hour trolley tour, besides the photo stops, do they make any restroom stops?

Thanks

Yes there was 1 stop as I remember and that was at a place called Jordons Pond in Acacia Nat'l Park. You could also get something to eat, buy souveniers, etc. although they did not give you much time so be prepared.

Marilyn

Archived