The Upgrade Fairy found me!!!

cwestbrook

I just found out what we got at 57 days out.

We booked a BL and are now in an 8F. I know, could change at any time and I'm really happy to have any balcony cabin.

I wonder if upgrades are more common on those sailings that are not booking quite as well as others. It seems our cruise is not selling quite as quickly as others and I'm thinking that's why I received this cabin upgrade.

We had never booked a Guarantee before. We have always selected our cabin on the Empress Deck and not been upgraded (Inspiration, Fascination). This time we were trying to go a little more economically and gambled on the Guarantee. When I looked at what was available in the Oceanview's lowest price category, the only other available spot was the Spa Deck (No Main, Riviera, etc.). I called Carnival directly and she told me that at that particular moment, the only place they could put us would be on Spa Deck, so I mentioned that to my Travel Agent and she confirmed it. I've noticed that since then, other rooms have opened up on the Riviera and Main decks. We just happened to be shopping for a cruise when that combination of rooms was available. BTW, we needed a Quad cabin, so that limited the possibilities for places for Carnival to put us as well.

Archived