Voyager aft cabins/vibration

SPKR

Frankly, although some of the vibration issues are subjective, many people who have posted "You want to know you are on a ship" are being very insensitive. I complained about my trip last June on the aft section of the Navigator & Regent gave me a little discount off my next cruise. This is because they are aware there is a real problem. Sure some people may not feel it same as others, but for those who do feel it, it is most real and no one on this board should just brush off those who do complain about the vibration as "Well, you want to know you are on a ship"!!

Having experienced vibration discomfort I can vouch for the fact that some cabins are better than others, and in the same speed feel it less than others. I'm saying it doesn't have much to do with who you are and whether you are sensitive or insensitive to vibration. It absolutely has to do with whether your particular cabin has a vibration issue.

Hoping not too appear to be too arrogant, I do hope this posting causes no further responses about vibration issues being dependent upon the sensitivity of the passenger.

Although it is rather unusual to have two similiar threads on the same subject at the same time, I need to put in my two cents. I wrote yesterday about my feeling that calling anyone "insensitive" is really not right. Enjoying the feeling of being on the sea, however, has some truth for most people -- I personally do not feel that's a put down in any way.

Again, I wrote on the other thread that I feel it is very important to read experiences from other CruiseCritic members. Those who do, understand that there is definitely a vibration on the Navigator and Voyager. What is not possible to determine is how it will be on your particular voyage.

On our Navigator cruise in March of this year, I expected a vibration much stronger than our previous cruise on the Voyager. We were prepared (thanks to the posters on these boards) and, although there was virtually no vibration on our cruise, there is no doubt in my mind that it exists (again, dependent upon sea conditions, speed, etc.)

We have booked another cruise on the Voyager -- this time, although we booked a fairly mid-ship cabin (slightly forward), we went down two decks in hopes of a smoother ride.

Don't think you're post was "arrogant" -- IMO, all of us are posting on these boards in hopes of helping others:)

• 3 weeks later...

It just surprises me that the bottom line issue here is not really discussed.

For the money spent, Regent should be addressing the issue of this vibration which we too felt on the Navigator. We had a cabin midships and even there felt it several times when the chop and wind combined with the speed to create a powerful shake of the ship. It sometimes happens and this is ok.

But Regent is systmatically avoiding the issue by dealing with it on a one to one basis rather than openly and honestly. To many, apparently, this seems ok? Is this the Regent way? It is one thing to be a loyal customer, quite another to have a blind eye to this sort of corporate behavior.

It just amazes me.

Also, I think it petty to have to pay $100 to negotiate a better routing or carrier....although we did. Personally, I thought the disconnect between reservations and the air desk was too much.

Archived